O2 Xphone or Nokia 6600?

O2 or Nokia?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A colleague of mine bought the Xphone recently. According to him, the phone freeze up quite a fair bit, never asked him the exact frequency or nature of usage that leads to the hanging/freezing.

I'll never buy a gadget running windoze. Enough crash / freeze problems with office PC already. It wouldn't be funny if it suddenly freezes in the middle of an important call, for no reason.. maybe it would popup an "upgrade" message!?

Hmmm agree that 6600 would probably be more stable, this is the first few series of mobile running on windows, give them time and they should improve, have you though of the P900 sonyericsson?

Nitro: Get the 6600! :D

Forget about the O2. Not worth all the hanging and stuff. The Symbian OS is ~alot~ more stable. I just got one 2 days back and it's been working like a dream ;)

BUY BUY BUY! :D

I've had my O2 for a month now. I am waiting for it to hang on me. Somehow it works well for me. I don't think it is that bad as describe by some people. I too was contemplating between the O2 and 6600 but decided on O2 for it's functionality. I can sync with my Exchange server and send emails from it without a problem. The User manual sucks though.

I am using O2 XDA I phone more than one year now....the window really sucks (frozen and hang without apparent reason)...I must frequently checking that my phone working time to time. The reception also very week and not to mention the customer service, which can't solve your problem. Well, if I can turn back the time I will not buy this PDA phone.....

I agree that support really sucks big time.

O2 XDA support is supposedly OK here in Sg. The marketing manager in my company had an O2 XDA and after 4 months the screen suddenly started producing strange vertical lines, and went blank after a week. He could still get calls but nothing else would work. They repaired it within a week. Still, I would stick to a more stable system. I really don't like the idea of mirco$oft pocket-pc/win-ce on a phone.

My O2 XDA can't use PIN until now...everytime the security pin ON...the phone will frozen or lost reception....send complaint last time......but no solution......I got complaint from my friends, collegues, and last time my boss...because they can't contact me due to my phone frozen without I am knowing it.......
If I am not buying this phone with $$$ I will flush it to the toilet......

the o2 xphone has its quirks and bugs but overall it has been an enjoyable experience for me. its a really fun phone to have. you can even customize the home screen to your hearts content if you know a little xml.

i had to send it in once because a rogue program trashed some part of the os and the phone could not start. the o2 tech did a software upgrade and fixed the phone within 2 hours. but hey if a microsoft os what do you expect. so if you can live with your pc, the xphone is a breeze.

i was planning to get the 6600 for months before i decided on the xphone. no regrets.

goNNA get a O2 on Tuesday night.....hope it works all right for me...think it can't receive sms with chinese character, right...anyone has a way around this?

you will need to flash the xphone with the chinese rom before you can send/receive chinese sms. some users have actually brought their phones into the o2 service center to get the phones flashed. search this forum for more details.

madmacs said:
you will need to flash the xphone with the chinese rom before you can send/receive chinese sms. some users have actually brought their phones into the o2 service center to get the phones flashed. search this forum for more details.
any idea where the O2 Service center in Singapore is?

Status
Not open for further replies.