NZ - Milford Sound Panaroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinaik

Jun 14, 2004
Taken from my recent NZ trip...comments?
0208-49_Milford_Sound_Paranoma_-_b.jpg

Highly pixelated.Try saving in a higher quality for better viewing. It looks to me like a nice shot though :)

The quality of the photo does not do justice to Mildford sound.

did you save in low qualirt jpg? Try not to.

corrected... reduced the size using the wrong program....
:cry: :cry:

Hi, it's a nice shot, good effort :) i just share with u wat i think can improve the pic a little. i think to include somethink like a vivid color boat or a weird shape tree as a focus point will give more punchy effect. also due to brightness of sky, the mountain at right side looks abit underexposed. maybe can try come back to the same place again, in the early morning or late afternoon, u may find fantasic scenary ;p but of course, due to ur schedule, it may not be always possible though :dunno:

thanks for the advise ;)

Not much control over timing on this one... long journey there ;p

Actually, was quite unlucky during this trip... there was a massive oil spill...sabotage... on that day.. hence no boats going out that day... no chance for more picture chances

reminds me of my trip there 3 years ago. The NZ scenery is simply breathtaking! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chinaik said:
thanks for the advise ;)

Not much control over timing on this one... long journey there ;p

Actually, was quite unlucky during this trip... there was a massive oil spill...sabotage... on that day.. hence no boats going out that day... no chance for more picture chances

oh no, u r really unlucky then :dunno: but cheer up :blah: there is always the next trip :D

Your horizon appears curve and the stitching is a bit obvious. You may need a better stitching program.

hey this is better ;)

But honestly.. your stitching was badly done. the horizon was not flat and on careful examination, you can actually see the vertical stitch. Anyway good try for the effort. :)

My trip there was cloudy, overcast and rainy days.. but I can see virtually hundreds if not thousands of water fall along the way there. Really must see to believe.

any suggestion on a good stitching software? I am using the one that came with my camera.

chinaik said:
any suggestion on a good stitching software? I am using the one that came with my camera.
1. Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools, PTGUI, Photoshop combo

2. Panorama Factory

3. Panavue ImageAssembler

Number 1 is the most powerful combination which is capable of salvaging badly taken panoramas. However, as stitching and blending is done manually, it is slow and difficult to learn.

2 & 3 are suitable for beginners, each with some pros and cons. Eg, number 2 is unable to correct for roll and pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.