NUS Rag day 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denosha

Dec 25, 2003
Bukit Timah
www.sgl.per.sg
I'm a freshie this year and i was wondering if anyone is allowed to shoot the event or do I need to get some sort of permission/pass, etc?

Anyway, anyone here from the NUS Photography society? I'm interested in joining :D

Hi,

I am also a NUS student. I have attached the following email message which can also be found in the NUS email account.

Dear NUS members,

This is an invitation for all NUS members and interested parties to attend our annual welcome tea and annual general meeting.

The welcome tea is on 11th August 2004, 6pm and is at NUS Museums Celadon Room. For members who still do not really know NUSPS and its operations and the yearly actives held, it is a good chance for you to do so. It would also be helpful to come along and share your experiences at NUS with freshies. Please feel free to bring along your friends, be it freshies or senior students to the welcome tea so as to interest them to NUSPS. Food and drinks are provided. Free Magazines and product brochures will also be given away.

The annual general meeting will be held on 18th August 2004, 6pm at LT29. This is the summation of the work of the 35th Management Committee and the election of the 36th Management Committee. This event is where you members should make your vote count and elect exco members who will lead the society for the next year. The importance of a strong management committee cannot be furthur emphasized and i do hope you would take the effort to attend this event and make your vote count. Interested members should being along your membership cards for identification purposes. Light refreshments will be provided. There will also be a lucky dip for members of which a $199 99photo.com ClixBox and processing vouchers up to 50% at RGB will be given away.

Please note that renewal of membership, updating of details, problems with receiving emails from the society can be justified at the above 2 events. Please forward this email to members you know who are not receiving regular emails from the society.

Denosha said:
I'm a freshie this year and i was wondering if anyone is allowed to shoot the event or do I need to get some sort of permission/pass, etc?

Anyway, anyone here from the NUS Photography society? I'm interested in joining :D

maybe you can approach NUSSU?

yes, i'm from the NUS Photographic Society :)

sathea said:
maybe you can approach NUSSU?

yes, i'm from the NUS Photographic Society :)
From my past experience, normally passes will only be issued to representatives from clubs, societies, halls and faculties.
2ndly they keep chasing away those photographers who don't have passes.
Some people just bluff the students on duty saying that they are the friends or supporters of the performing team which after several chase, eventually the students on duty will find out and will chase them away in the end.
I have seen some but not many to act as professional photographers (or maybe they are really from the press) that can stand in any position taking photographs.

So far for those without passes, from my experience is, you won't get the desired pictures. (I mean for float performance). But you can still get some great pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.