NUS is not top choice for Singaporeans anymore even foreigners....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No university is better than SHK (School of Hard Knocks) in ULE (University of Life Experience).

I am a proud graduate.

:bsmilie:

Maybe LBU is better. "Long Bia" University. 撞墙打学。:bsmilie:

No matter how good you are in any top university, it all depends on the opportunity you get, the heart and effort you put in your work & the PR skills you build up in UNIVERSITY of Society~社会大学:thumbsup:

oh, i graduated from NTU~ hehe. ;p
sometimes i wonder if it is worth it

working so hard just to get that extra headstart in life.. sometimes it is not all that substantial anyways, for most

but most popular employers would be, let's face it, using university results/classifications and university itself as a first line of selection. especially in bad times.. most ibanking corporations here will happily throw you into the rejection pile if you can't get a 2nd upper or better. :dunno:

sometimes i wonder if it is worth it

working so hard just to get that extra headstart in life.. sometimes it is not all that substantial anyways, for most

but most popular employers would be, let's face it, using university results/classifications and university itself as a first line of selection. especially in bad times.. most ibanking corporations here will happily throw you into the rejection pile if you can't get a 2nd upper or better. :dunno:

Ya, true bro. Just a "upper" may promised just a good headstart and may climb faster. But if the PR (especially boasting) don't works well, and all a person have to do is just 1 mistake that the boss don't like, that's it. When recession comes, this person's head will roll from a few thousand metres higher than the rest and the fall will be even worse.

Bosses are human too. They like to judge too... And not all their judgement is correct.

Anyway, just make sure if you want to study, get the right course.
hmm... should i get another degree???:think:
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

you wanna know how good nus business school is? just look at the bosses of Odex and how they construct their business model :bsmilie:

also dunnoe if nayone has seen this: NUS tried to advertise in the US and position itself as a good alternative to american uni. They produced an ad showing an american girl at home with her mom receiving 2 acceptance letters one from U of chicago and the other from NUS and the ad showed her picking nus over u of chicago and being extremely excited that she got into NUS. The ad just made me lmao. I'll all for advertising and competition and puffing in such that you claim to be better than your competition but the nus ad was just ridiculous since it was overreaching and claiming it was better and more prestigious than a very well known american school.

also dunnoe if nayone has seen this: NUS tried to advertise in the US ...

In the local newspapers, NUS/NTU/SMU/... advertisements appear along cosmetics, fashion, and supermarket ads. The message this sends to me is that the universities see education as a cheap consumer commodity they can sell, and that they don't have the dignity or self-respect that befits an academic enterprise wanting to be taken seriously. Good schools should be able to focus quietly on their teaching and research mission and attract students by reputation, not by full-page ads in tabloids.

In the local newspapers, NUS/NTU/SMU/... advertisements appear along cosmetics, fashion, and supermarket ads. The message this sends to me is that the universities see education as a cheap consumer commodity they can sell, and that they don't have the dignity or self-respect that befits an academic enterprise wanting to be taken seriously. Good schools should be able to focus quietly on their teaching and research mission and attract students by reputation, not by full-page ads in tabloids.

agreed.

also dunnoe if nayone has seen this: NUS tried to advertise in the US and position itself as a good alternative to american uni. They produced an ad showing an american girl at home with her mom receiving 2 acceptance letters one from U of chicago and the other from NUS and the ad showed her picking nus over u of chicago and being extremely excited that she got into NUS. The ad just made me lmao. I'll all for advertising and competition and puffing in such that you claim to be better than your competition but the nus ad was just ridiculous since it was overreaching and claiming it was better and more prestigious than a very well known american school.

no no no

it was WHARTON

she rejected WHARTON for nus because got cuter boys in nus! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.