number of flash required for nightshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlghtxx

Jan 19, 2008
hi guys i am doing a shoot something along this line
http://images.google.com.sg/images?hl=en&q=in the mood for love&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

it will be shot at night, i have 3 light source , they are my built in and 2 lens. will that be sufficient ? what do u guys reckon that i should get to enhance the effect.

i would like to rent from somewhere or even from fellow TSer whatever that's gonna be suggested and suits my neeed. thanks.

yr built in can use to trigger the other 2 lights. as it'll not look nice on the picture.

First you have to know what's yr current "night" situation for ambience. and see which area/subject you like to light up. so you know is enough light or where to make full use of the scene.

yr built in can use to trigger the other 2 lights. as it'll not look nice on the picture.

First you have to know what's yr current "night" situation for ambience. and see which area/subject you like to light up. so you know is enough light or where to make full use of the scene.

sorry i dont quite get u? why trigger with inbuilt wont look nice?

dont understand what u mean by full use of the scene.

anyway to better rephrase, my questionm is anyone here have done nightshoot and got any advice on what i would need, umbrella or reflector etc

and to achieve something i provided in the link above, enough for the amount of light source i had?

First, check if the scene has the ambience.

Secondly, if you're shooting under low light and at low ISO, you might only need 1 flash to manually light up each person's face. You need to know the angle to set the flash at and everything else etc.

Lastly, you need to test out a few shots to really know what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.