NTUPVS River Ang Bao Fireworks Outing : DSLR & L lenses provided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntupvs

Jan 8, 2004
NTU
www.ntu.edu.sg
This year, instead of shooting at Chinatown, the NTU Photo-Videographic Society shall have something different!

Ever wanted to shoot beautiful fireworks, but fret at the lack of opportunity to do so? This is your chance! This photo excursion will expose you to fireworks photography.

The brief details of the photo excursion are as follows:

Who: NTU students
Date: 21th January 2004 Wednesday
Time: 22:45 to 0:30 (10.45pm to 12.30am)
Meeting Point: City Hall MRT Station (Near UOB Bank)
Meeting Time: 22.45 (10.45pm)
Contact: Kenneth Choo (afiend) @ tianwei@natriumtech.com to confirm attendance

Equipment from kind sponsors Canon will be brought there for all to try:
1. Canon EOS 300D DSLR with EF18-55mm
2. Canon EF17-35mm f2.8 L
3. Canon EF20-35mm f2.8 L

Please bring along your Matriculation card for those who wanna try the L lenses.
:lovegrin: Don't run away with the L lens!!! :lovegrin:

AReality said:
Oooo....

Most pple having dinner leh...

Wanna go but timing not right...

aiyoh. the idea is to ask if you want to go, not what other people will think...

i'm not one of those "most people" you mentioned, but i'm not interested to shoot now... camera now back in canon sg for servicing anyway... :cry:

it's indeed very good, to actually let the ntu students try out the L lenses :thumbsup:

I was actually hoping for a 70-200 F2.8 L IS USM.
But aiz....... only have wide angle zooms to try...

um... shooting fireworks with a tele lens doesn't make real sense, unless you can direct your camera and aim and fire instantaneously...

Yucks, Canon....

Please bring along your Matriculation card for those who wanna try the L lenses.
:lovegrin: Don't run away with the L lens!!! :lovegrin:[/QUOTE]

AReality said:
I was actually hoping for a 70-200 F2.8 L IS USM.
But aiz....... only have wide angle zooms to try...

wakaka.....IS? Using tripod still use IS? wrong day lah :D ....... go CP or AP to try, they close at 3pm. heheheeeeeeeeee.......

wow....... I would really love to be there but then haiz....... family commitment....... Canon so nice, really wanna test out a L lens *slurp slurp*, somemore is f2.8 *slurp slurp slurp* :D

Maybe can loan it in school? wakakakak.......

Can ask them loan tripod and cable release too? Wanna try the TC-80N3....... heheheeeeeeeeeeeee

Dun mind me, I'm just sulking coz I can't make it :(

:D

ntupvs said:

hmm...one body but 3 lenses? and the 3 lenses also about the same range.... :dunno:

Wai said:
hmm...one body but 2 lenses? and the 2 lenses also about the same range.... :dunno:

no no, I think its
1 300D, 2 16-35 and 3 20-35! :bsmilie: hehehe... kidding......

But I don't think they only provide one set? NTU alot of people who like photography. If response well and alot of people turn up then how to satisfy the masses? :dunno:

HelmetBox said:
no no, I think its
1 300D, 2 16-35 and 3 20-35! :bsmilie: hehehe... kidding......

But I don't think they only provide one set? NTU alot of people who like photography. If response well and alot of people turn up then how to satisfy the masses? :dunno:

ops..should be 3 lenses

18-55
17-35
20-35

Wai said:
ops..should be 3 lenses

18-33
17-35
20-35

U mean 18-55?

i'll need a 300D to use the 18-55.... but then if I have the 300D, I would probably have the 18-55 too yah? weird......

but still... heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Sorry for OT. :D

Hi all!

Yup it'll be one 300D with 18-55, one 17-35 and one 20-35. We got one 70-200 f2.8 L too but won't be bringing it down. That's meant for our Chingay outing. :heart:

Although there will be only one body, those with Canon bodies of their own can use the wide angles. So do join us!

We tried our best to have lotsa lenses and bodies but Canon could only cough up this much for now. Perhaps if the turnout is good then next time we'll be able to bring in even more equipment from them! :lovegrin:

Wah lau, saw this so late, just got home and left my tripod in hall =(. Hmm, oh well, think its still during dinner time lah. Anyway, can NTU students just loan lenses from the club to try out in sch? Or do we have to join the PVS?

ntupvs said:
:lovegrin: Don't run away with the L lens!!! :lovegrin:

Hi..
errrh... my expired Matrix card can use?..
Me graduated 5 years ago leh ..NTU/CE...
how how how?.. :D

Upz for ya.. ;)

Hi!

All of us are going down after our reunion dinners. Meeting time is 10.45pm so got lotsa time to reach City Hall MRT. ;) If not join us for Chingay! More details will be announced here, at our website, as well as our edventure site closer to the event.

These L lenses and the 300D are temporary loans from Canon. Our society has a few EOS 300 (no D heheh), tripods. flashguns and non-L lenses for loan to PVS members. Can sign up at our CAC Welfare Fest booth next monday at Nanyang Auditorium! $3 per year only! :thumbsup:

Splutter said:
Wah lau, saw this so late, just got home and left my tripod in hall =(. Hmm, oh well, think its still during dinner time lah. Anyway, can NTU students just loan lenses from the club to try out in sch? Or do we have to join the PVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.