NTUC Income Kite Festival Singapore 2010 (18-19 Sep)

thanx for sharing. :)

thanks for the information.

Denniskee , Dream Merchant, Spidey88 and myself will be there shooting for fun on Saturday. Wave and say 'Hi !!" if you bump into fellow photographers there tomorrow !

Hi...Hi...
I was there flying a paper kite up in the air. Was with my daughter. I was carrying a Lowepro bag. Took out my camera towards the end of the day. My small paper kite brought down a big kite. Later I bought a big kite but spent half the time trying to untangle the strings and also clear the field for the INCOME big orange kite to take off. What a joke ! Ha...Ha...

Cheers !

Last edited:
Hi...Hi...
I was there flying a paper kite up in the air. Was with my daughter. I was carrying a Lowepro bag. Took out my camera towards the end of the day. My small paper kite brought down a big kite. Later I bought a big kite but spent half the time trying to untangle the strings and also clear the field for the INCOME big orange kite to take off. What a joke ! Ha...Ha...

Cheers !

Did they manage to get the big orange kite high up in the air today ?

They didn't yesterday...rather pathetic I would say

Did they manage to get the big orange kite high up in the air today ?

They didn't yesterday...rather pathetic I would say

I'm surprised that the org chose the location for this Event. NTUC event does not mean it need to be beside the building. 2 skyscrapper blocking the wind, how to fly the big orange kite ? to the right, its more windy, but to fly the kites, they will be over the water, and if it descend, most likely a watery grave for the kites. Went on Sat, saw the mess, din stay too long...

Wonder if the org walked the ground and did any test flying of the big orange kite prior to the event...

I was there today, Sunday. I fully agreed that this is NOT the right place for kite flying event due to blockage from tall buildings nearby. The wind is not strong enough for the kites to fly higher. By 6.30pm the whole area is sardine-packed with everyone trying very hard to fly their kites up. They seemed to be enjoying themselves throughout the event. Of course, I do enjoy my photo-shoot as most of the subjects was closed to me.
When I left the place at 7.40pm, I saw two kites decorated with colorful lights beginning their journey up to the sky.
As compared to last year when it was held at the West Coast Park, where public transport was a problem, the venue at Promontory @ Marina Bay this year was very much accessible by MRT and public buses. People seemed to stay back to enjoy the night breeze and night scene as Marina Bay comes to live during the blue hour. What a day!

Last edited: