NTUC Car Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty

Jul 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Has anyone subscribed to this or have any experience in this?
The car rental prices seem good, as compared to owning a car.

i was once a member. convenience of pickup point is important. mine was at a multi storey carpark very near my home. advance planning of usage of car is needed to avoid last minute booking when no car is available.

my usage of the car was very low, so i terminated my membership.

reachme2003 said:
i was once a member. convenience of pickup point is important. mine was at a multi storey carpark very near my home. advance planning of usage of car is needed to avoid last minute booking when no car is available.

my usage of the car was very low, so i terminated my membership.

i see. What about the quantity of cars. Was there ever difficulty booking a car on sat & sun?

I am a member of NTUC carcoop. As I don't own a car now, I'll rent a car at least once a month to bring my family for outing plus grocery shopping. Location of pick up point is definitely a factor. But they have been increasing new sites every month. Some of the more popular sites will have several cars available, some only 1 car. With proper planning, you will find that renting the car for a few hours can be much cheaper than taking cabs, especially if you intend to go to 2 places or more.

You usually are able to find cars available during the weekdays. For Saturday, you may need to book 1 day in advance for the hours that you want. Sunday depends, you may or may not get the timing you want available. So if you are planning an outing, try to book in advance. If it is a last minute decision, then depends on your luck. 1st come 1st serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.