Ntuc; A Cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
go and read and u will noe =)

too much of such.....as long as i don't feel cheated i don't risk adding on my name there.

I don't get the story. if you have to give three months notice, you will continue to pay until the 3-month time is up. it's the acceptable norm. Similarly if a company gives the employees 3 months' termination notice, the company continues to pay the 3 months' salary right? It's the normal interpretation of '3 months notice' unless you can find a clause that states otherwise.

btw, this is a photography forum and the main interests should be photography related. though members sometimes share some social issues for fun and entertainment.

I believe you can bring more attention by going to SG forums/straits times. or better still, initiate a class action via the legal channel if you can built a case for it.

I don't recommend that you use this photography forum to 'spread the words'. But we leave it to the moderators, the forum masters to decide of course.

But if you wanna hold a demonstation, you can invite us to help photograph and document the procession though. hehheheh... :bsmilie:

If the NTUC does not refund the subscriptions, then there is may be a need for such actions. I doubt such an organisation will waste their time and repute by not refunding after approval.

Some admin scew up is more likely - but I am speculating here. Have you call them up on the problem?

What's the background? The page isn't exactly very clear.

Anyway, it sounds more like an admin screwup than anything else. I've cancelled a credit card subscription before and still got billed - just called up the bank and everything was settled with a refund. I think it would have been rather strong for me to label the bank a "cheat".

Sound quite stupid ...... who would sign a petition that is without basis??? I sincerely doubt this petition is anywhere viable .....

Whoever sign this petition is liable for defamation suit ....... Basically, there is nothing wrong with the organisation requesting the the additional 3 months subscription services during the termination period. Technically, you can still enjoy the privilages (whatever that is) of the subscription during the period of notification.

Do you mean you should enjoy free privilages during these three months of notification by not paying?

Labeling NTUC a cheat without substainable proof can led you into hot soup. Think twice.

yeah the petition starter will probably land himself for a court case. i think online petition has been abused by many.

1. This is a photography site but this section is kopitiam so any topic and be post. But why would you want to choose this forum to post your spam? Are you trying to create some trouble for the admin or yourself?

2. Any unfair business form or trade should contact small claims if is a big amount get a lawyer to sue that company or sector (but make sure you have aleast 70-90% winning stake)

3. Call the media to publish this news because they are a big company, just like N*F at 1st people complaint to other gov branch but no people care. When Media (SP* publish the news and let the whole SG know then people look into the matter with a serious thot)

4. Doing petition only people who use or visit the site knows and petition is useless. (somemore that is a .com website, not gov.sg nor com.sg nor org.sg)

Lastly, Happy New Year and don't find trouble here :)

I think that NTUC will do a trace to find out who is this poster of the petition.

Yes, like it or not this is afterall still Singapore, a place where authorities do not take such accusations sitting down. I remember there was once even cardboard elephants created such a stir, even the police were called in to investigate. In a society which lacks a sense of humour and the ability to laugh at one's own mistakes, you'd be better off just calling NTUC and resolve the matter.

won't call NTUC a cheat lah,
but can't find a single word to xpress it though.

is it a workers' union or a corporation?
is it a workers' union political org?
is it a workers' union or a *** social gathering wing?
is it a workers' union,.....?

cheat?
most of its ordinerary members joined bcos of the link card
rather than for the labour movement,
does that make them cheats too?

is that the what the C in NTUC stand for?
;)

wah, the 3 letters can't be use ar?
anyway was refering to the dominating political party of Sin.

now to add on to my words that is not to use,
a 3 letter word and a 4 letter word.
same class.

jude

I don't see what's wrong with the policy. For instance, in compliance with the rules and regulations, if you serve notice of your intention to terminate your membership in 3 months time i.e. 1 Apr 06, you are calling it quit only in 3 months time. Meanwhile, from now till 1 Apr 06, you are still very much a member and shall continue to pay the membership fee. On top of that, you are still entitled to all the facilities that are opened to union members. What cheat?:dunno: :dunno:

from petition web said:
"Evidence being that, in the terms and conditions stated, a 3 month notice was required for the termination of the membership, and yet, subscription fees were still deducted even after the termintion was approved!

The main reason for this petition is to protect those who were victims that suffered from this CHEAT. As many might not have known the reason of the deduction of their money and did not further persue this matter. "

u mean they deduct money from u after the 3mths notice? What do u mean by termination was approved? the day u submit ur termination application? or the 90th days after your submission of ur termination application?

You better get your facts right... don't get yourself into jail over such small money

PS: The first day you joined as member im very sure you signed a document regarding the regulations of the membership. You can only blame yourself for not reading properly before signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.