NTU students: do u know when results are out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
should be either today or tomorrow... from past experience its usually out in the afternoon... can try after 2pm

oh right ok...after 2pm. :) thanks dude. but today im going for chalet stay till tomorrow. crap. must find internet connection

OH YAH!!! tahnks for the reminder. i actually registered with NEXS before. forgot. thankew thankew. ;p

should be out soon! they changed the webpage already! hmm hope it'll be out today ;)

Been wondering why our NTU pals have to worry over when their results are coming out. My NUS years has been relatively "stress-free" since the exam results are released incrementally based on a fixed schedule, and all I have to do is wait for that golden moment and choose to rush to see my results or play around first before facing the hard truth at a time I choose? :D

For the freshies coming into NTU this year onwards, the grading system is the same as NUS, i.e. the GPA system.

Starting this sem, even though our grades will be reflected using the new GPA format, we are still not sure how our honours are going to be calculated, as we'll still be assessed using the old format, which is a mystery to everyone up to now.

Under the old system, we're always afraid of having to 'da bao' our modules over to the next sem to take it again. From what I see, lesser chance of that happening under the GPA system, even though the person's GPA may be damn low.

well hope everyone did well for their papers, and best of luck for the NUS students who will be getting their results tomorrow!

Yeah heard of all that. I suppose there are pros and cons of each. NUS no such thing as dabao. Fail means fail...and permanantly. Since every module from level 1 to 4 have the same grade weightage, no such thing as "failing a few in first year" and doing better later to make up for it, unlike in NTU (or has this been reviewed now?).

NUS honours very clear cut one. The CAP score range is publicised and fixed, so there is no "bell curve" of sorts. But it also means it takes the "fun" out of "piaing" in the later years when it is clear no amount of studying will result in a better quality honours...

huaiwei said:
Been wondering why our NTU pals have to worry over when their results are coming out. My NUS years has been relatively "stress-free" since the exam results are released incrementally based on a fixed schedule, and all I have to do is wait for that golden moment and choose to rush to see my results or play around first before facing the hard truth at a time I choose? :D
haha if you never tabao before you will never understand the pain of it! grrr why EEE results not out yet

the NTU system for SMS kinda stinks. they keep telling me my results are not available. oh well..

oh is a GPA average of 3.92/5 good? im in yr 1 and have no idea what 'good' constitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.