NTU School of Art, Design and Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruikang89

May 9, 2008
Sembawang
www.wix.com
Normally we see ppl take the NTU SADM as the heart-shape thingy with the green rooftop, but I decided to take it from a different angle at night...
Comments anyone?
Some have told me it looked as if the picture has been sliced into half.... =x
Canon EOS 400D, F/8, Shutter speed 20sec, ISO 200...

2444402351_79e57bfa0e.jpg

The building's unique form and details are lost in this photo because you chosed to photograph it after dark. The lights from the buildings inthe background, being significantly brighter, takes attention away from your main subject. Its not really a good attempt if your intentions were to focus on SADM.

This pic has no focus. Honestly. Everything in it is so distracting. And it only makes my eyes swirl round the pic twice and out of the frame without knowing what the pic is.

interesting, i like how the office show through the glass panels at night. i would not have expected that in the day.

i agree with kit that this scene isn't justifying the subject at all.

why not try other perspective from near lower steps and shooting at solely the glass panels, i think that will be much much better, and you wont have distracting details as well, the only other thing besides the glass will be the night sky.

you got me interested in going there for a night shoot someday :D

IMO, the image does not portray the subject accurately. However, it might work in another fashion, perhaps abstract. But you might have to clean up some wild elements in the image as it is somewhat confusing.

Cheers.

perhaps I change the title to fit the photo?
cos i dunno what name to give this pic in the first place...

hrm, i think it does look sliced in half.
maybe 'cos i'm from NTU. then used to seeing the whole thing.
so it looks like it's lost a huge part of it.

perhaps I change the title to fit the photo?
cos i dunno what name to give this pic in the first place...

oh ya. that said, haha. it does bring a new perspective.
like quite metallic. haha. so says my friend. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.