NTU PVS presents "Lights, Camera, Action! 2004"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
"Lights, Camera, Action! 2004" is a nationwide Photography and Short Film Competition organised by the NTU Photo-Videographic Society (PVS) and co-organised by the National Library Board (NLB). There are $13,000 worth of attractive prizes to be won. Sponsors include Canon Singapore, Cathay Photo Store, Energizer, Crumpler, MemoryWorld, Transcend and IMM.

The Competition this year consists of three Photography categories (Film Category, Digital Category and Special Category) and one Short Film Category. The categories are open to all individuals residing in Singapore, inclusive of foreign nationals and permanent residents.

Theme for Film & Digital Categories – Little Things

“Little Things” is our interpretation of what truly matters when things go awry. When we turn inwards to seek from within, the courage to carry on. In our entries this year, we are looking for the Little Things that can touch or brighten up our lives.

Theme for Special Category – Jurong: Within the Blocks (in collaboration with NLB)

"Jurong: Within the Blocks" requires photographers to look beyond the stereotypical view of Jurong as an industrial town put together like Lego blocks for economic gains. We are looking for photographs that document the people, the attractions, the street life, the innovations, and the area's evolvement from its industrial past. From the little details of the area's urban landscape show us a Jurong that has evolved from its initial industrial base. Show us how Jurong has grown to encompass much more of the life and pulse of city living.

The Competition is now open for submission. Photography entries must be submitted before 15th May 2004, 5pm. Short film entries must be submitted before 1st June 2004, 5pm. Please send your entries by hand or post to:

“Lights, Camera, Action! 2004”
Photo-Videographic Society,
C/o Student Affairs Office,
Nanyang Technological University
Administration Annexe, Level 6,
42 Nanyang Avenue,
Singapore 639815

For Rules & Regulations or more details, please visit the “Lights, Camera, Action! 2004” website at:
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/ntupvs/lca04.htm.

For enquires, please email lca04public@yahoo.com.

Regards,
Mervyn Lam
Vice-Chairman
Lights, Camera, Action! 2004 Organising Committee
Photo-Videographic Society
Nanyang Technological University

Gd prizes. CAN i send in the entries by hand to you? :vhappy:

Hi the link to the terms and conditions not working...

up.... pls send in your entries!

The closing date is on the 15th May 2004, guess enteries will start flowing in somewhere early May. Still got more time to think and shoot .... upzzzz ;)

Regarding the Special Category topic,

Is it a photo-story? or just an image..

hi... it's one photo per entry.. but you can submit more than one entry

one more month to go.. you send in your entries yet?

what's the diff between film and short film ?? & i just send in my photo in? sorry if i've asked any stupid quest, 1st time joining and i'm a newbe. :D

film - negatives or positives
short film - a short video clip

please read the rules and regulations

denis said:
what's the diff between film and short film ?? & i just send in my photo in? sorry if i've asked any stupid quest, 1st time joining and i'm a newbe. :D

Short film : Also mean short story shot on video or DV

Status
Not open for further replies.