Ntu Photography Club?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hello, anyone here from NTU photography club ah?

ex-comm member... can i help you? :D

oh, just wanna know what do u guys do in the club?

Hi, I wonder Ntu photography club is it only meant for Ntu alumni club members or any Ntu graduates can also join this club?

Damn.. I didn't even know that NTU had a photography club.. LOL.. :)

the club isn't even active makes me wonder why i even bothered to pay membership fees. I am from the subcom and NOTHING is heard from the main com since i signed the papers. so much for the main com boasting his ambitious plans to do this and that during interview. There is a senior after leaving NTU stil come back and use the darkroom for personal use!! The way they waste water and resources is really appalling VERY poorly run club.. blah... ::thumbdown::

but maybe it's just this batch. hopefully the next be better!!!

Last edited:
Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.

Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.

ya lor my BNW darkroom course was free that time leh...quite wu hua lah :D

the club isn't even active makes me wonder why i even bothered to pay membership fees. I am from the subcom and NOTHING is heard from the main com since i signed the papers. so much for the main com boasting his ambitious plans to do this and that during interview. There is a senior after leaving NTU stil come back and use the darkroom for personal use!! The way they waste water and resources is really appalling VERY poorly run club.. blah... ::thumbdown::

but maybe it's just this batch. hopefully the next be better!!!

they are not super active, a little laid back.. cater more to newbie/fundamental... cycle repeats with new influx of new member yearly.. if only they got share content of the hard to get module PHO215 or something then will be good

me many years in ntu liao.. only go their welcome tea session see see look look a couple of times.. a lot of people.. got see some member quite "up" and full of themself.. but me newbie cannot offer my opinion lah..

Last edited:

wow, not the reply i expect from a main committee member. Frankly, you seem very defensive and i hope you choose your words careful for you reflect your club!

as for that active alumni i cannot help but think how valuable is deem valuable.

what do you expect from a school thats 50% engineering ah bengs, 45% ah tiongs and 5% goreng pisang.

no concept of a civilised, non-lambasting kind of reply, just stoop to the level of the people who insult their club.

hmm... i have to disagree with you. i think the club has been heading downhill.. i wish more was done and frankly i am disappointed as well..

Yes, I personally feel that the club isnt doing a lot this semester. Last semester is better when different workshops are there to cater to the students.

Now, i havent recieved any emails regarding any workshops this semester. I feel like spending money on the membership is pretty waste of money because there are not many workshops to begin with to have any discounts.

I am here to give some of my opinions, no offense. Since i am not the only one who feels the same way.

Yes, I personally feel that the club isnt doing a lot this semester. Last semester is better when different workshops are there to cater to the students.

Now, i havent recieved any emails regarding any workshops this semester. I feel like spending money on the membership is pretty waste of money because there are not many workshops to begin with to have any discounts.

I am here to give some of my opinions, no offense. Since i am not the only one who feels the same way.

time to hear from the main comm!! Seems like pretty few unhappy members here from PVS

BTW cchsieh the photo montage email was sent with only 3 days notice and you ranting and being so defensive didnt help clarifying matters. personally and no offense intended, i doubt i will renew my membership and definitely will NOT introduce freshies to part with their money. Another point proteonXPR mention about 'up' members, yeah sad but true some of them are really snobbish.

FYI:

Attached is the emailed sent to many of us to prove how late notice was served! if it was indeed such a major event, i didn't think 3 days did justice to it.
picture3qr1.png

Mmmm...

I'm more concerned whether there's CCA pts being awarded as a subcomm... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.