NTU people come in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Hi fellow schoolmates,

I'm currently starting a photo story/essay on NTU and its campus life. Due for exhibition and publication (pending) in about 1 1/2 years time. Thus I am looking for keen photographers (like yourself!) to participate and make this a success.

This serves as an FYP for myself, haha... :D

Anyway, details are as follows:

Theme: NTU
Format: 35mm, Medium format (no digital please)
Type: Black & White photography
Skill level: Pro? No lah... just NTU student can liao... no need to be expert
Eligibility: Strictly NTU students only (no matter which sch or year)
Kind of images: architectural, people, etc related or within NTU

If you are interested, please post here, PM me or email me at lifesux_80@yahoo.com.sg and I'll get in touch with you. Thanks!

(feel free to make enquiries too!) ;)

what's ur course?
how come need to take photo one

zodnm said:
what's ur course?
how come need to take photo one

I mentioned its "like a FYP to myself" not to the school lahz...

I am already out of NTU...but I dun like to waste money on film..

chyeo said:
I mentioned its "like a FYP to myself" not to the school lahz...

Hi there,
then how about non-NTU student?What is FYP?

Joe :think:

Tat sounds interesting, i dun mind contributing.

I am using film, but i shoot onli in colour, onli B&W allow?

Hi yeo,

you in the final year in NTU is it? Anyway, I am a post-grad in school of civil engineering. I may want to contribute to this salon. Is it really strictly B&W? if so, then I need to find time to develop them liao.

Regards,

Hi all,

the following are answers to some of your enquiries:

Qn: Why only B&W allowed?
Ans: Personal preference. And to promote B&W photography amongst the newbies. (preferably work done in dark room, not machine printed)

Qn: Is this project under PVS?
Ans: No, this is not under PVS. It's a personal project.

Qn: Why are you doing this? Are you earning/gaining anything?
Ans: No I'm not gaining any profit. This is purely for NTU students to commemorate their years of study in NTU.

Qn: When to submit photos?
Ans: Dec 2004 latest.

Qn: Post-Grads can participate?
Ans: Of course! Seniors are most welcome!

Qn: Do I have to pay for the film and developing incurred costs?
Ans: Yes. This project is purely personal. If you do not wish to spend any money, you might want to ignore this project for now. However, I intend to source for funding for the exhibition from NTU and NTU Alumni and I'll try my best (coz I know the admin ppl well). Otherwise, exhibition costs will be fully borne by me.

Qn: What incentives do I get from this project?
Ans: If you are here for incentives, you've come to the wrong place. This project is meant to promote B&W photography, build bond to NTU and a chance to exhibit your work.

forbytes said:
Hi yeo,

you in the final year in NTU is it? Anyway, I am a post-grad in school of civil engineering. I may want to contribute to this salon. Is it really strictly B&W? if so, then I need to find time to develop them liao.

Regards,

Nope I am in 3rd year. Still have 1 year ++ to go.

coca88 said:
Hi chyeo,

Interested , but any details on date and time for shooting ?

Onli allow BW only ah ?

:(

No specific date and time for shooting. Just shoot as and when you can.

But I might organise a mini shoot in NTU next semester.

To all NTU undergrads, post-grads, grads, staff,

if you are keen on joining me on this project, which I find meaningful, please email me at lifesux_80@yahoo.com.sg with the following details:

Full name
Nick in Clubsnap
Contact number
Email address
Film camera model you using (just to make sure no digital)

I will then come up with a list and then hope to meet up sometime after the exams to get to know each other. I hope to get around 7 participants (8 including myself).

As this is a long term project, I hope you'll consider first before joining me ok? I really don't want people to drop out halfway...

Regards,
Chean Hiang

Oh yah btw, in case you are interested to know:

135 Film: I'll be using bulk loader to load 35mm B&W films to sell to people who are working with me at cost price. This is to minimise cost for those involved in this meaningful project.

120 film: Bo pian. I should be getting bulk (around 50-80 rolls?) from Cathay, see if can get cheaper.

Dark room: Can use PVS dark room. I'll work something out with the current dark room chairperson.

Machine print/Lab developing: If you dunno how or lazy to do it yourself, I have a few labs at hand that can do pretty nice B&W prints for ok price.

Lessons: Dunno how to shoot, develop or print B&W? Nvm, I'll give some pointers here as best as I can, coz I'm not exactly an expert myself. I can print notes for you, or you can attend the cheap course organised by PVS.

Equipment: Don't need the best around. Juz a film SLR would do. For myself, I'm mainly using EOS 3 for 135; Seagull and Kiev 88 for 120.

Updated list of people in this project:

1) chyeo
2) meng
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

6 more vacancies!

1) chyeo
2) meng
3) alvin
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

5 more vacancies!

1) chyeo
2) meng
3) alvin
4) gnipihz
5)
6)
7)
8)

4 more vacancies!

Too bad only film... :(

Point of going digital is not to waste more money on film & developing... If use digital I'll join... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.