NTU Nature Photography Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

kivcarrot

Nov 29, 2006
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct section to post this but this is a nature photo competition in NTU and these are the top 10 entries.

http://clubs.ntu.edu.sg/earthlink/eac/index_voting.htm

I feel that the top 10 photos are disappointing and hope you all can give comments. Thanks.

yes, the shots were indeed disappointing...

I remember I was at NTU attending some photography lessons before, the standard was actually not bad, I am not sure what happened.

One of my friend is a contestant and I think his photo is better. But cannot post cos of sensitive matters. Really disappointing to see such photos in top 10 or they should at least post all the entries.

I dunno what happen.. The photography school in NTU have a lot of good professors and lecturers, they are almost all regional and world well-known photographers...they will be very sad to see the images their students have produced . . . :(

9 ( with the butterfly in flight ) is a tough shot.
The bird shot composition was so so. if anything it should have been shot with a more telephoto setup
Some of the colors abit off as well
Might be because of the web jpg compression or my workplace monitor color abit off

Ryan

The big toad and the small leaf on the rock don't look nice at all. Not too sure why in the top 10 list. Probably other photos they receive were very poor as well.

They look OK to me.. nothing special

The cat picture= ???
like any other cat picture.

I guess the photo school students are mainly focused on film not digital.

disappointing outcome. 117 entries, 3 judges, 10 finalist and thats what we get. lol

Quite shocking that the standard is so low.... maybe the prize is too low to attract ppls to join?

the pictures are .....erm really very normal
n composition is well:think:

yes, the shots were indeed disappointing...

I remember I was at NTU attending some photography lessons before, the standard was actually not bad, I am not sure what happened.

Think about it, there are always competition between clubs, maybe the photography club did not support this event at all.

Saw some of the NTU students' works before, some of the standard are pretty high.

Those 10 photos are really really very bad.

They are rubbish. :) It's a competition and look at the standard!

I can't blame them. I wasn't even remotely enticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.