Status
Not open for further replies.

talisman

Dec 5, 2004
Hi CS mates,

Happy CNY to you all!! :)

I have 2 questions which hopefully the experts here could help me out:

1) International Warranty on camera bodies
Would the warranty on the body be valid here in Singapore, even if the camera body is bought in, say, Europe with international warranty?

2) IW On Nikkor lenses, flashguns, etc.
Would the warranty on the lenses and flashguns be valid in Nikon Service centre Singapore, even if it is not purchased locally?

I'll be asking the same questions to the NSC after the CNY holidays....just thought I could get a faster reply from this forum in the meantime.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Hi CS mates,

Happy CNY to you all!! :)

I have 2 questions which hopefully the experts here could help me out:

1) International Warranty on camera bodies
Would the warranty on the body be valid here in Singapore, even if the camera body is bought in, say, Europe with international warranty?

This depends on Film or Digital Bodies...
- Film Bodies - 3yrs International Warranty
- Digital Bodies - 1yr local warranty from the country of origin

International warranty requires a receipt from the country of origin. Preferably receipts from Authorised Nikon Reseller in that particular country where the goods were originally purchased from.

If no receipt, then warranty will be from date of manufacture. No worth it cos for some slower moving goods, etc, it might take months before the retail shops managed to sell it off.

2) IW On Nikkor lenses, flashguns, etc.
Would the warranty on the lenses and flashguns be valid in Nikon Service centre Singapore, even if it is not purchased locally?

Yes it can be serviced locally in Singapore. Lenses and flashguns nornally comes with a International warranty card. However just as above mentioned, a reciept is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.