NS mag photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dts_spawn

Jun 24, 2005
Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post! :sweat:

my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.

my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.

agree... as i got contact before with some of the Magazine guys, jus some hi n bye, they said that if u pes E sure can... :D but u must also like it in the 1st place...

I PES B but was ask to help out :D fun... :D

pes b/a no chance in hell.

Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post! :sweat:

really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.

really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.

I'm pes C. They can't just take anyone in pes E right? Really hope i get it man. Much better than being a storeman. ;p What's the average day like?

bo pian lor. no contacts den you sit there wait long long lor.

everyone also want to be a clerk want to be office boy. so who be soldier, go training to be soldier ?

come on.... storeman isnt bad afterall la.

how do you be your battalion/unit photographer? who do you ask?

email your mp.

or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.

or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.

email your mp.

or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.

or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.

liddat not worth it la. wont get any medals for such "sacrifice" wan....:sweat:

You don't ask, you get arrows shot at you. :bsmilie:

aiyah.... volunteer to do any of their staff's wedding for free lor...

and when they see u got "pro gear" sure they come finding you one la...

:bsmilie:

pes b/a no chance in hell.

Mr PRO... you still pes A ah? dont garang la!! forget sispec and ocs!! downgrade and be a pioneer photgrapher! show them your portfolio !! they sure tio owned.. haha

If you take photos for pioneer I sure read the magazine instead of chucking it one side.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

PBS

I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

PBS

wah u share so much.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

wah u share so much.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think so too. Bit too much info for comfort. Haha

k.seet wasn't a photographer there, by the way. And they didn't have "all the best" stuff, before '96, they were using primarily F90x and F3HPs outfitted with motordrives, shooting mainly on Provia 100s and 400s.

Status
Not open for further replies.