NS mag photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think so too. Bit too much info for comfort. Haha

k.seet wasn't a photographer there, by the way. And they didn't have "all the best" stuff, before '96, they were using primarily F90x and F3HPs outfitted with motordrives, shooting mainly on Provia 100s and 400s.

Ken came back for reservist when I was on active duty back then, maybe he didn't do his NSF there.... Yeah, back in 96 it was F90X and the F3HPs.... by the time I got there, I was already upgraded to F5s already, and all lenses were good f2.8 zooms... yeah, was shooting tons and tons of RDP and RHP... also not forgetting the RVP Velvia....

The rest of the 'photographic department's equpment is just sad... liek F401 and stuffs...sigh...

Ken came back for reservist when I was on active duty back then, maybe he didn't do his NSF there....

he did, but not as photographer...hehe
It wouldnt be nice on my part to disclose so much about him.
How i know much, coz i left before u came in. No names pls. haahhahahaa
Im AW's partner in crime, he left one month after i did. So i guess u knew
people like the two mels, dominic, norman, and the local angmoh there. haha
And you probably wont know me. I miss the place, the jobscope there is probably
what i do best. I sucked in other forms of photography. :bsmilie:

(more discussion, we could do in private...lets not discuss too much in public. lol)

There were other good photographers like Jason Cheong, and Philip Chew,
but they didn't go into photography fulltime, like me interests were some other
stuff. Heh :bsmilie:

About getting in, yeah someone did mention its not easy to get in, even if
the applicant really shoots well. It's a matter of chance. Highest probability
would be being posted in from APU.

Mr PRO... you still pes A ah? dont garang la!! forget sispec and ocs!! downgrade and be a pioneer photgrapher! show them your portfolio !! they sure tio owned.. haha

If you take photos for pioneer I sure read the magazine instead of chucking it one side..

:eek: !

sorry sir! permission to carry on sir!

down 1..2.....10...30...:(

he did, but not as photographer...hehe
It wouldnt be nice on my part to disclose so much about him.
How i know much, coz i left before u came in. No names pls. haahhahahaa
Im AW's partner in crime, he left one month after i did. So i guess u knew
people like the two mels, dominic, norman, and the local angmoh there. haha
And you probably wont know me. I miss the place, the jobscope there is probably
what i do best. I sucked in other forms of photography. :bsmilie:

(more discussion, we could do in private...lets not discuss too much in public. lol)

There were other good photographers like Jason Cheong, and Philip Chew,
but they didn't go into photography fulltime, like me interests were some other
stuff. Heh :bsmilie:

About getting in, yeah someone did mention its not easy to get in, even if
the applicant really shoots well. It's a matter of chance. Highest probability
would be being posted in from APU.

You left before I come in? cool.... PIONEER is probably one of the best vocation in the army I guess...

You left before I come in? cool.... PIONEER is probably one of the best vocation in the army I guess...

yup, if u did notice there's a big patched up area on a wall near the photocopy machine...that's done by me and the angmoh. Accidental that is. kekekeke

probably one of the better vocations...get to see lots of stuff...but in my time there were other departments who are pretty good as well like Navy news. I think it depends on who's at the helm.

Aww man.. I didn't get the photography vocation. Sad man. I got tpt sup. I think that's Transport sup right Any info on that?

Aww man.. I didn't get the photography vocation. Sad man. I got tpt sup. I think that's Transport sup right Any info on that?

driver? cool. can get license.

yup, if u did notice there's a big patched up area on a wall near the photocopy machine...that's done by me and the angmoh. Accidental that is. kekekeke

probably one of the better vocations...get to see lots of stuff...but in my time there were other departments who are pretty good as well like Navy news. I think it depends on who's at the helm.

didn't realise that patch... It's DTT 'B' we're talking about?

I wouldn't think it's the best vocation though.. driving is a tiring job... The other truth is that Photographers(though some are corporals), nobody knew, and when the mindef pass came flashing up, it's always good because people(even the high ranking ones renders the help you need), plus the fact of which we're all non-uniforms.. can't imagine otherwise...

I haven't had a bad shoot from any units... Most enjoyed are actually when we tag along missions(it's crazy I know).... but PIONEER photographers do get preferential treatments... better sleeping, better food and stuffs...

didn't realise that patch... It's DTT 'B' we're talking about?

yup...i forgot...they moved right? 8th? they took over former power98 office?
used to be on the 5th. Heh :bsmilie:

I haven't had a bad shoot from any units... Most enjoyed are actually when we tag along missions(it's crazy I know).... but PIONEER photographers do get preferential treatments... better sleeping, better food and stuffs...

not really...during my time, not everything was rosy, considering we practically had no life, 24 hours on recall including weekends. Still most of the units get a kick when they know they gonna be featured. And one thing i know...many people out there hated the ns serving guys in publications and such, i experienced such hostility when some of them found out bout my vocation during ns. That's why i rarely mention it to friends or colleagues.

I was on the 5th too, I didn't know they shifted higher though... but I knew then they had plans to shift to Public Affairs in MINDEF, and most of us weren't into that idea...

yeah, how people from unit life must have hated us... but then again, nobody really knew our rankings... cos we always introduced ourselves as our names... Life was a fair bit rosy for us after you... We work on time, and gone back on time(just occasional night assignments)...then again, maybe it's countless, but Lum Ngia was a fair guy, gives off in lieu fairly...

How we often ridicule Lum Ngia then, but it's not I realised that he made lotsa sense.... because my pics then made it for creativity and covers, but Lum's pics are somewhat timeless....

Status
Not open for further replies.