NR: NIKON D5300 & D610!

GReddyZC76

Aug 28, 2008
singapore, northeast
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/08/29/r...nnounce-new-d5300-and-d610-dslr-cameras.aspx/

Rumor: Nikon preparing to announce new D5300 and D610 DSLR cameras
By [NR] admin | Published: August 29, 2013
Nikon-D5300-logo.png

Nikon-D610-logo.png

The latest rumors are that Nikon will release new D5300 and D610 DSLR cameras. I am still working on the details, but such announcement will be within the new company strategy to concentrate on entry level DSLR models. The D5300 will most likely be a marginal improvement over the D5200, maybe with built-in Wi-Fi and GPS functionality (just a speculation). The D610 is the more interesting development. I think the main reason behind the D610 is not so much to introduce new functionality as to kill once and for all the D600 sensor oil issue that prevented many people from buying it. Think of it like the SB-910 flash release - it did not have any major new features, it just fixed the overheating issue of the SB-900. This explains also the recent massive discounts on refurbished D600 cameras.

Read More »
Posted in Nikon D5300, Nikon D610 | 249 Comments

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com#ixzz2dQtLaYse

That's fast....

That's fast....

Yeah. Nikon should replace all those defective D600 owners with d new D610. Poor design in d first place.

Wow... If D610 is a version without AA filter like D7100, it will be a dream model!

Dont think so though, as it will probably hit the sales of the D7100 and D800E.

Reactions: DM101
Interesting... If the Nikon D400 is out this year as well, we would have quite a number of new dSLRs this year.

Yeah. Nikon should replace all those defective D600 owners with d new D610. Poor design in d first place.

Question is whether are the shortcomings and issues that serious to warrant a replacement model in such a short period. Defective D600 would have been fixed under warranty conditions.

I think the D610 is just to convince customer to come back since the D600's name is pretty much stained by the oil issue. :p problem is that it may be hard to resell the D600 in the future though, since people are likely to look for D610 only. :/

Its just a marketing tools to pop up the poor publicity from the fallout of the last incident. The damage have been done by the string of publicity. The new patch have already resolve the issue but the sale is not up to expectation. Just a rebadge D600 to D610 I wonder is there any different in specifications. I hope the changes is close to the D7100 spec I believe they will replace a new shutter at what price is a ???

Last edited:
ahaha, my friend working in Nikon refuse to tell me anything about this! (Even if he tell me i cant tell anyone, HAha!)
But he's not telling me anything.

Just told me Nikon is going to announce something soon, let's wait. It might be this, or might be some other items. But what we can expect is something new soon!

ahaha, my friend working in Nikon refuse to tell me anything about this! (Even if he tell me i cant tell anyone, HAha!)

Just told me Nikon is going to announce something soon, let's wait. It might be this, or might be some other items. But what we can expect is something new soon!

It will be a new Nikon 1.

If I were you, I will reconsider our friendship lol!

Looks like false alarm after all. Hmm. Prolly gonna have plenty of people entering fx with such cheap bodies now

48 hours more or so to the debut of the Nikon D610... Apparently.

48 hours more or so to the debut of the Nikon D610... Apparently.

So do we tink Nikon so boliao to introduce a cam w jus fixed shutter, 0.5fps faster..or there is MORE..lol

Or just like the sb910 which supposedly to replace sb900...

So do we tink Nikon so boliao to introduce a cam w jus fixed shutter, 0.5fps faster..or there is MORE..lol

Or just like the sb910 which supposedly to replace sb900...

It can be a marketing strategy. Take on a new name and rebrand the D6xx series.