Now will we see a D400?

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
The specs of the just announced Canon 7D2 is awesome. Will Nikon respond you think?

Im waiting for it but not expecting high hopes. LOL...

Maybe they will come up with another minor upgrade model and calling it D350.

Which is in essence an upgrade from D7100. :) All in all I like what I'm seeing from Canikon these couple of weeks.

The specs of the just announced Canon 7D2 is awesome. Will Nikon respond you think?

They might, but ... from a consumer point of view, I would rather get a new or used D800(E) and get to say 75% of the 7DmkII in speed, file size and buffer depth in DX, while retaining the flexibility of having a FF 36mp. I believe that would be cheaper in the long run without the nagging desire for a FF camera further down the road.

They might, but ... from a consumer point of view, I would rather get a new or used D800(E) and get to say 75% of the 7DmkII in speed, file size and buffer depth in DX, while retaining the flexibility of having a FF 36mp. I believe that would be cheaper in the long run without the nagging desire for a FF camera further down the road.

Some people don't want to move to FF though. The D800E is also out of the price range of the 7D2; they are different cameras suited for different needs anyway

It's funny you say that. Here's some of the reaction from the other side.....

What a disappointment.

More and more I feel Canon is like Apple. Leading in brand power but losing in cutting edge technology. Shall wait for the new 5D hehe

It's funny you say that. Here's some of the reaction from the other side.....

So Canon folks prefer a whole range of FF bodies, each incrementally different and crippled at a couple of hundred dollars difference?

Canon users seem disappointed about 7D2 to me :dunno:

So Canon folks prefer a whole range of FF bodies, each incrementally different and crippled at a couple of hundred dollars difference?

I think after waiting for 5 years, Canon users' expectation of a baby 1Dx shot through the roof. To see it handicapped and slight improvements compared to the 70D, not close to the 1Dx they have been aiming for, definitely will make some people disappointed. It will be just like if Nikon were to release the D400 now to replace the 5-year-old D300s, some of us Nikon users who envision a D400 to be a baby D4s will also be disappointed (so little improvement over D7100, eating D750's pie away, cant fight with Canon's 7D, etc, etc).

if it has the same controls and battery as the D810 I'd bite

And performance of D7100 (or better) at 8-10 fps at the price of D610 (at at worse D750). Yes I too will bite.

That's almost a mini D4, similar to D300 is to D3.

Canon users seem disappointed about 7D2 to me :dunno:

From the comments I have read, they poo-poo the 7D2 because it has no WiFi, does not use a super-expensive, not yet available CF card standard, and fixed LCD... I was like "HUH?"

You should see the dpreview comments. People are jumping off the cliffs over the lack of a swivel screen and touch screen too

From the comments I have read, they poo-poo the 7D2 because it has no WiFi, does not use a super-expensive, not yet available CF card standard, and fixed LCD... I was like "HUH?"

How to incorporate the Wifi in leh? So big... so ridiculously big...

Nikon-UT-1-with-D800.jpeg