Now THIS is a camera store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my.... so much nicer than their website :bsmilie:

Yes, it is quite a store and it has got everything. For those who are going, remember that they are on half days on Fridays and close on Saturdays; it being a strict Jewish store that observes the Sabbath.

Even for non-camera enthusiasts, it is worth a visit just to see how they run their retail store.

SGT

went to new york recently and visited the store. incredible place!

I love the way they run the shop. typical jewish style with high tech merchandising system. Only the jewish would invest in fantastic merchanding system like this.

There are various departments, each with its own staff.
You choose your product, you go to staff in charge who will key your product into the system and hands you a sales invoice which you have to pay at the cashier counter.

Your goods either gets processed in the inventory department which processes your order via the system, or the department staff would place it in one of their automated chutes that connects to the packaging and collection department.

You pay at the cashier counters (huge counters!) then
proceed to collection department or packaging department

When i was there early this year, the sales person said they were expanding to a larger unit as they were too small at the moment, so you might expect more merchandise the next time you visit. They have everything you can think of, truly a photographer's heaven.

The best part of visiting the store was getting their entire collection of catalogs which weight around 1-1.5kg each. There were a few to collect. i went crazy. :bigeyes:

The crappy bit was paying for the new york sales tax of nearly 14% for everything. Not worth buying anything there unless you plan to get them to post your merchandise out of state.

OH MY G*D...we can test out all the BIG MAMAs thats OFF LIMITS in S'pore..even a regular at CP!?!?

imagine telling your mom.."Can u pack me some sandwiches for lunch today as I am going do some portraits of the new salesgirl across the street from the camera store...no i am not buying a new lens..and yes i'd be careful with that new 200/f2 they have on the window display.." ;)

image9.html

I been to their shop when I went to see my sister. The staff were quite polite. I was hoping to purchase a second hand Dynax 7 there but there weren't any.

black.ink said:
OH MY G*D...we can test out all the BIG MAMAs thats OFF LIMITS in S'pore..even a regular at CP!?!?

imagine telling your mom.."Can u pack me some sandwiches for lunch today as I am going do some portraits of the new salesgirl across the street from the camera store...no i am not buying a new lens..and yes i'd be careful with that new 200/f2 they have on the window display.." ;)

image9.html

Problem is... didnt see any "chio" salesgirl, didnt see any salesgirl even!
unless you go for orthodox jews with long beards, hai~ you can spend a whole day there.
There is a whole row of cameras you can test out in the open counter!!!
They just leave them in the open counter!!!

And I thought Yodobashi Sapporo was HUGE. This is... simply..... collosial. :bigeyes:

Sion said:
I often find it is not the size of the camera shop that matters.

It is the size of my wallet that matters.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
unfortunately that seems to be the case.

THe flagship models on display certain feels extremely good. But buying it always poses a problem. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.