Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
I'm juz waiting to see how badly prices of EOS 5D will fall~ :D

CANON!!! I'M BACK!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lol...i'm hoping to see 5D hit 1.5K...then will grab one to shoot...

Where did you go?

eager to see how low the mk I will go as well. As soon as prices start dropping will get one.

When there's a chance for the 5D owners to sell their 2nd stuff, they still price it well above 2k. Now lets see how much they will sell it for now that mark2 is out. :sweatsm:

I hoping the D700 price will fall due to competition so that I can get it. ;p;p

You can see the canon buy and sell section will be flooded with the 5D........ :bigeyes:

A price that buyers thinks is dirt cheap, seller will think so too.

those who were going to sell to cut losses would have already done so over the months.

the rest probly aint so desperate to sell or might keep as spare ;)

And those of us who can wait a few more years before an upgrade will probably be able to make the jump to some 100 MP super-duper high res thingy. Interesting to se all these developments unfolding. Also interesting is how the sensor is hinted to be the same or better than that in the 1Ds III. Why would people want to buy into a 1Ds now?

Also interesting is how the sensor is hinted to be the same or better than that in the 1Ds III. Why would people want to buy into a 1Ds now?

to separate the pro from the rest.

to separate the pro from the rest.

People would be disillusioned to think that owning a 1-series means they are a pro. But some are as such, I suppose, thinking that a bigger camera compensates for a smaller package. :bsmilie: Art wise, the 5D II would look very attractive even against the 1Ds III.

Actually I feel that the price of 5D will still hover at around 2k region, if it goes any lower, I think it will people would rather keep it. >.< I believe the model that will suffer the most price drop will be the 1Ds MKII. Last I see, its still going for 5.7k. I think its unreasonable to sell it for anymore than 3K now.

I'll wait it out. When 5D Mk5 comes out, I'll send it around to take award winning photos for me. Its possible according to this TS http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415919 Then I'll pick up another spare 5D from cash converter....... as a backup door stopper.... maybe 2..... need a extra paper weight too...

If the new 5D cost about $3.7K, why should the 5D drop to $1.5K or below $2K for that matter? Now that 50D is out at $1.8K maybe, i dun think i can get a 40D for $800 bucks. And once people get bored of the "video" function of 5D2, and when review shows that the improved noise reduction and circuitry has just compensated for the double of MP to 21, and the noise becomes only slightly improved, and everything else pretty much similar, the 5D price may just hover at a strong price point.
For me i will pay a higher price for a 5D than a 50D still bcos it is fullframe and all its advantages with similar noise reponse (the 5D is still performing so well now - amazing), so i am still willing to pay a good price for the 5D despite being an "old" camera. Drop to $1.5K? nah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.