now nikon has a stronger low-pass-fitler-less camera, will pentax release k3 for batt

New rumors !!! At least several new DSLR priced upto US$2000.
http://photorumors.com/2013/03/10/p...ral-new-dslrs-and-a-new-compact-aps-c-camera/

pinholecam said:
Pentax always has an answer to whatever canikon has for aps-c (and imo its always a bit better suited for my needs and smaller in system size)
A new camera by any brand is a given.
They all work pretty well too nowadays, so in the end it boils down to budget and preferences (ie. ergonomics/features/size/interface/lenses)

We can be sure Pentax will have a next model camera coming.
Only exactly when and FF/APS-C/MILC/DSLR.

Ricoh acquisition of Pentax is a dream come true for many Pentaxian.

Only $700 for the APS-C compact camera? I hope it's not too cheap to be small. Anyway, if the $2000 DSLR is a DSLR and it's FF it will be mine.

Last edited:
ageha said:
Only $700 for the APS-C compact camera? I hope it's not too cheap to be small. Anyway, if the $2000 DSLR is a DSLR and it's FF it will be mine.

I have to fully agree on that last sentence of yours.. ;)

SyncGuy said:
I have to fully agree on that last sentence of yours.. ;)

I really hope at least the announcement will be this month.

I will buy it if there is sweep panorama function :)

Last edited:
ageha said:
I really hope at least the announcement will be this month.

Be careful, the Pentax minions here might implode if that happens.

Last edited:
I will buy it if there is sweep panorama function :)

Best if it is like the Galaxy camera from Samsung? :bsmilie: Got little app panel at the back and best if you can play Puzzle Bobble when bored? Coding very cheap, just include and add more features to an awesome kickass camera so everyone will buy it. :bsmilie:

edutilos- said:
Best if it is like the Galaxy camera from Samsung? :bsmilie: Got little app panel at the back and best if you can play Puzzle Bobble when bored? Coding very cheap, just include and add more features to an awesome kickass camera so everyone will buy it. :bsmilie:

Oh god, no Android please. Anyway, the Samsung NX sweep panorama sucks. :)

edutilos- said:
Implode if the announcement happens? :dunno:

:)

Last edited:

Yippee! Must come with angry birds and plants vs zombies too! Lol.

why no? :bheart:
later can write your own customized ROM and handle how your sweep panorama algorithm works :bsmilie:

Dunno, I haven't used it.

Would you prefer if the FF DSLR came with iOS? :bsmilie: When I was in BKK recently I saw at least 3 or 4 people using the Galaxy camera, and was shocked that there were even 3 or 4. There are a load of better cameras you can get for the price!

Yippee! Must come with angry birds and plants vs zombies too! Lol.

I hope the pentax ff will come in red colour as well...

Later do long exposure get bored and play Angry Birds, then the photo come out very soft cos keep pressing the screen. :bsmilie:

aiya if dowan to touch the screen can at least pair with Bluetooth headset play music right? :bsmilie:

not to ridicule innovation or anything but i find it silly to overload a camera, esp dslr with non core functions. the size and form factor limits how well certain innovations and features can be integrated.

its definitely a challenge for engineers to plan, design and decide on which features adds value and which ones distracts the user and leads to poor compromises.

Last edited:
wah dont like that... I wanna buy a FF Pentax Camera..... not a Tab + TV + Walkman + Radio + Remote + Oven Toaster + Fridge + Washing machine + Microwave Oven + Phone...... :(

5 DSLR will be released at one time are highly unlikely, further more K5II & K5II just released on sep 2012. Of course if it does it'd be good for us to have more choices. Hope there's a FF comes along with a few lenses. waiting...