Now it's my turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck to you. I would think you will get nothing out of it.
Fighting against the big boys will cause you more harm than just let it go or write them a note.

What more, your pictures are being published in high profile or traffic website and they have credit you. Therefore, you should be thanking them rather than sueing them cos you get more exposure now. Do you think it is easy for your picture to be able to get publish in the website again? having a good relationship is better than making enemy or cause others to blacklist you.

Unless you are a professional working for agency or some companies and these pictures are used for other purposes then you might be able to justify a case for it. However, these are personal pictures taken for own keeping and will worth much lesser.

Even if you get $100, do you think it worth all the troubles and time to settle this?

Above are just my opinion. Cos i can see that people in SGP is kicking alot of fuss with such things.

You should see what these guys are saying
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/909637

To take it in another way, i might have used CNN's publication of photo as a prolific personal portfolio of sorts.

But now with their withdrawal of your photo, all you are left is to go deeper and deeper into sueing them and hope for a better outcome. I doubt if anything good can be done from the hassle of things, but worth it or not depends on you.

all the best anyways, hope u get ur compensation.

ryan

Hey guys, I've finally had the time to go update my bank book and just like what's said on the mail, 100USD has been sent to my account. Although it's half of what I expected but none the less, still money!

So a word to all you guys, if your photo is used, depending on how the picture is used, ask for payment. Keep pressing. I had to press them for 2-3 months before I got so fed up I emailed CNN(The main one, I've been emailing CNNGo) and swift reply came back.

Cheers. Thread close.

Status
Not open for further replies.