now, i am freed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokerJ

Jun 29, 2008
Bukit Timah
2860241470_a1e5b613ae.jpg

I would like to know how to improve on this photo, all C&C are welcome, just come straight and harsh on me. :)

I want to show that sense of being freed and it would be a better day. No matter what is trapping you in your life, once you are freed from it, BETTER DAYS WILL FOLLOW THROUGH!

:p I hope I can bring this message across to fellow photographers out there.

Sorry your picture dun show any feeling of freedom but it would make a good silhouette image.

I'm afraid I agree with lifepursuer that it doesn't give me a feeling of freedom - the opposite, in fact :) I find the angle and framing a little awkward too - I'd prefer the corner post more to the right, and the angle a little shallower (camera slightly higher up) but that will probably increase the feeling of imprisonment.

the sky is overexposed and fence is under.. maybe you might want to focus on one? or try metering to the sky and fill flash a lil on the fence so as to not leave a completely black silouhette.. HDR perhaps? might look different.. :) interesting compo tho!

lifepursuer:
Note taken, thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it :D

lennyl:
Hmm, I see what you're talking about. But if the angle is slightly higher, the picture will definitely be different and it will not be how I want to portray this image, this is taken with respects to ex-convicts. They are locked up in prison, being freed means everything to them, I want to make people see that this fence is majestic, and it's hard to get out, so they should also try hard not to get in.
Damn! I'm so naggy.

crapex:
I'm sorry, I'm still not farmiliar with photography terms. I'm a newb. Please help me along :p

As others have said, the picture doesn't really symbolize freedom to me. A barbed wire fence isn't really the first thing to come to mind when it comes to freedom unless, for example, the wire was cut or something to that effect.

maybe i can help out crapex here in explaining, what he means is point your camera to the sky, lock in the exposure and recompose while firing flash so the fence wont be underexposed while HDR is about bracketing a few shots and combining them to make a more realistic and vivid image. Hope that helps.

lifepursuer:
But if the angle is slightly higher, the picture will definitely be different and it will not be how I want to portray this image, this is taken with respects to ex-convicts. They are locked up in prison, being freed means everything to them, I want to make people see that this fence is majestic, and it's hard to get out, so they should also try hard not to get in.
Damn! I'm so naggy.

Indeed you are hehe...
If a picture is worth a thousand words, you dont need to nag.
but since you need to explain, either the title doesnt match, or the picture failed to relay your message.

A majestic barbed wire fence, IMHO has never been majestic to me, cos it represents confinement; no matter how we look at it, UNLESS we're talking / seeing a picture of a broken / worn down fence or a fence with a hole / gap in between, which MAY help to convey the message of freedom; altho it might mean something else - forcefully free.

Hi..
:) imho the picture's concept is more towards being "tied up" instead of freedom.
probably to portray freedom is to show something being let go of...

Status
Not open for further replies.