Now decided with 400D, what about the lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

May 16, 2007
Ok. Now that I have decided to get Canon 400D, the next thing is getting the lenses?
Should I stick with the 17-55mm that comes with the kit and get another canon zoom lens. If not, what other 3rd party lens are compatible and good with the 400D? Any latest price list? Wonder any good offer during pc show or the current singapore sale?
Thanks!

You can either shoot with your kit lens for the moment and try to familiarise yourself with the function of the camera while deciding on what kind of photography you want to venture into, or if you have some money to spare, you may want to get a larger zoom like sigma or tamron 18 - 200mm?

You can view a rough price guide here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=131801&page=25

The kit lens is pretty decent at 50mm focal length. Don't need to rush to get lenses. Play with the kit lens first and get youreself fimiliar with the cam and kit lens.

i started with a 400D as well. better to get used to it, have a good feel of it and know what else you want out of it e.g. macro shots, before deciding on additional lenses. the kit lens is actually very decent

Ok. Now that I have decided to get Canon 400D, the next thing is getting the lenses?
Should I stick with the 17-55mm that comes with the kit and get another canon zoom lens. If not, what other 3rd party lens are compatible and good with the 400D? Any latest price list? Wonder any good offer during pc show or the current singapore sale?
Thanks!

How about lookin at the 'Market' section of the forum.... sometimes got good 2nd lense you could buy. I still got my kit lense with me. But now using a Sigma 18-105mm(need more zoom) & a Canon EF-S 60mm Macro Lense. Both brought 2nd hand here :D

If there's one lens i find really useful it's the 50mm 1.8. It's very affordable and very versatile! Great for lower light situations and generally for portraits etc.

Oh, get the BG-E3 battery grip if you can!

How about lookin at the 'Market' section of the forum.... sometimes got good 2nd lense you could buy. I still got my kit lense with me. But now using a Sigma 18-105mm(need more zoom) & a Canon EF-S 60mm Macro Lense. Both brought 2nd hand here :D

which would be a good macro lense btw?? got zoom one or no zoom one better? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.