November Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2009
1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Please tell me does this depict what I want to portray?

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I took this to show Singapore in the November Rain

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
In the car, on a rainy day, feeling sombre.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
I am considering if this constitute what we call Street Photography?

Your C&C appreciated

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/4124129191_3cf92f7cc2_b.jpg

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
the photo lacks a strong focal point. i do not know what i should be looking at. its more like november droplets than november rain. what did the song tell u? cos i don't see it in this shot. your watermark is super distracting esp in this photo.

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Please tell me does this depict what I want to portray?
unfortunately.....no. i would have absolutely no idea if this was a November rain or July rain for that matter.

there's no focal point in the picture.. if it's the neon signboard, the overhead traffic light is not doing u a favour. too many other distracting elements in the photo as well.. too cluttered.

work on composition.

Nov 9, 2009
love the lower left part of your photo, gives me a sombre gloomy feeling. not sure about tile. thought you were inspired by Guns & Roses?

icyblue

Jun 11, 2007
too much of a distraction. i feel that if the blur were at the bg and the focus were on the rain drop will be much better? :)

Stuffed

Dec 1, 2008
I feel it doesn't describe the title, but it works as a travel photo of the place.

z3nith

Aug 26, 2008
maybe you might be looking at something that is iconic to November. e.g flowers, events, along with the rain. =]

Jul 8, 2009
the photo lacks a strong focal point. i do not know what i should be looking at. its more like november droplets than november rain. what did the song tell u? cos i don't see it in this shot. your watermark is super distracting esp in this photo.
Thanks, ya the watermark. I need to design a better one.

unfortunately.....no. i would have absolutely no idea if this was a November rain or July rain for that matter.

there's no focal point in the picture.. if it's the neon signboard, the overhead traffic light is not doing u a favour. too many other distracting elements in the photo as well.. too cluttered.

work on composition.
Thanks nysheng, had just a few seconds to take this snapshot as the traffic light turned green. Composition is something I will have to continue working on, being a newbie. Hopefully one day can be as good as those guys in APAD. Cheers.

love the lower left part of your photo, gives me a sombre gloomy feeling. not sure about tile. thought you were inspired by Guns & Roses?
Thanks, no lah this is nothing to do with GNR's song. It's just about rain + november. I think i'll have to improve on this. Have a few more days to go before November ends.

looks like an ordinary snap shot. :)
Haha, ya, just a few seconds before the light turned green so really, it is a snapshot.

too much of a distraction. i feel that if the blur were at the bg and the focus were on the rain drop will be much better? :)
Sure, i'll try again in future when I invest in another lens. This kit lens i am using was unable to close focus (need about 40-45cm min focussing distance)

Jul 8, 2009
perhaps it will work better if its B&W???? wont hurt if u try
Sure, i'll give it a shot.

I feel it doesn't describe the title, but it works as a travel photo of the place.
Yep, a travel photo to show Petain road and it's bars haha. That's a good one.

maybe you might be looking at something that is iconic to November. e.g flowers, events, along with the rain. =]
Ok this weekend i'll see if there is any rain. Can go and out and take another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom