Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monkster ! i'd love a nite shoot outing !! or a landscape too !! hehe ... count in me !!
Today had been fun ! but i kena ticket !!! :(

3035759290_abfe85ecb9.jpg

A snap shot of who came this morning =)
3034923125_d5b1fbdf32.jpg

She's very kind to pose for me =)

I'm still waiting for Lim's picture of the "homeless" sleeping on the bench .. centre of attraction that morning =)

hahaha... i like your style bro... next time we can go to orchard and hunt some Gxxx in there...

Wow. You even have snapshots! and some are sneaky too. :)
For nightshots, orchard lights is also a good candidate.. but the best time is twilight and not at night. Pedestrian traffic is an issue though.

Wow. You even have snapshots! and some are sneaky too. :)
For nightshots, orchard lights is also a good candidate.. but the best time is twilight and not at night. Pedestrian traffic is an issue though.

is it? once i get my tripod maybe we can arrange the time and hunt the light in there :)

Looks like you guys enjoyed yourself.

Had something on last minute. Not enough time to run so many places.

i don't catch any nice picture unless there is some picture that i like the moment... hehehe... hope you guyz enjoy it...

3034423453_211f572116.jpg

HAHA! What if he wakes up suddenly? ;p Haha!

22 and 23 Nov that weekend boat quay got dragon race. Lots of thing to snap.

Hey guys, I had a good time too that Sunday. About that dragon boat race...hmm any details like time of race? Could be our next gathering:D

Allo guys, Night Shoots anyone?
eg:
> Henderson Wave / Hort Park / any other Hort park attractions?
>> Or how about the new Marina Barrage?

wait.. lemme go take a short nap,.,, still not feeling too good...
be back around 5pm...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had a good time too that Sunday. About that dragon boat race...hmm any details like time of race? Could be our next gathering:D

i wouldn't mind such an outing.. hehe .. can try panning if they are fast enuff .. ;)

Allo guys, Night Shoots anyone?
eg:
> Henderson Wave / Hort Park / any other Hort park attractions?
>> Or how about the new Marina Barrage?

wait.. lemme go take a short nap,.,, still not feeling too good...
be back around 5pm...

oldflower >> take gd care of yourself .. btw .. u organising a nite shoot ? hehe

then the picture will win for a funniest picture in singapore ever....

Hari >> .. i have to agree with you .. the pic is pretty taken .. and very sneak oso .. wahahah :sweat::thumbsup:

Allo guys, much better today.. .phew.. :sweat:
You know, there's this god damned flu bug that's going around and it's might stubborn..!
Symptoms are exactly what I had, and it got confusing when I also had a sinus infection. For a frightful day or two, I thought I got Dengue!!

But well, went and got me a Sigma 12-24mm last night when I felt better and sort of helps me recover faster.. :lovegrin:

Hey I see you guys are trigger happy, and had quite a good time last Sunday..! :bsmilie:
So what's up next people? :D

26th Singapore River Regatta 2008
Dates: 22nd - 23rd Nov 2008 (Sat, Sun)
Venue: Singapore River

Hey bro, what time do they start? Interested but can only make it in the morning. Anyone else??

Sorry I can't join you guys.. I'm pretty tied up till end of Nov. Good that oldflower is feeling better and you should use your new lens on the dragonboat

Guys,

I need your expert advise ! i wanna get a messenger sling bag that can fit a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens + 1 17-85mm + 1 50mm + my 350D...

i'm lookin at this bag which looks pretty "non-camera" looking ..

national-geographic-bags.jpg
03102008_nationalgeo.jpg

wad do you think ?

Guys,

I need your expert advise ! i wanna get a messenger sling bag that can fit a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens + 1 17-85mm + 1 50mm + my 350D...

i'm lookin at this bag which looks pretty "non-camera" looking ..

national-geographic-bags.jpg
03102008_nationalgeo.jpg

wad do you think ?

1) I think it looks like quite a "camera-looking" bag.
2) Fitting a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens, 1 x 17-85mm, 1 x 50mm lens and 1 350D into a messenger sling bag will surely break my back. Not sure how strong your back is...

Will be at the Anime Festival this saturday, prolly whole day there, unless there's something more interesting in the afternoon. Anyone going there?

1) I think it looks like quite a "camera-looking" bag.
2) Fitting a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens, 1 x 17-85mm, 1 x 50mm lens and 1 350D into a messenger sling bag will surely break my back. Not sure how strong your back is...

hahah you got a point .. but i already carryin my lil crumpler messenger bag around already .. it's juz that there's no space in my bag for more things .. that's y .. :cry:

hahah you got a point .. but i already carryin my lil crumpler messenger bag around already .. it's juz that there's no space in my bag for more things .. that's y .. :cry:

During the meetup, there was one guy (whose nick is secret) who was carrying a lowepro backpack.

Now this backpack can be pushed to the front, so that one strap is still on a shoulder while the other hangs free, and therefore it's in a horizontal position. The side of this bag can be opened for a quick reach of the camera components, similar to a sling bag, although you'll have to push the bag back to your back in order to carry it properly (it's a backpack).

It can also carry a laptop.

Hey bro, what time do they start? Interested but can only make it in the morning. Anyone else??

The first event is at 9am on Sat. but the real action is on Sunday during the semis, plate, minor and grand finals.

Check here for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.