Nov 2016 Pentax Meet @Merlion Park on 19th Nov at 6.15am

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Hi, Fellow Pentaxians! Sub-forum moderator has gotten in touch with me to see if I can help organised this month's meet. :sweat: An honour to do so for the local CS Pentax scene.

Please allow me to indulged a little bit of my experience with Pentax ...

I got into Pentax with the K100D. Like many of you who started in CS and in your photographic journey with CS-Pentax, I explored several genres. But what got me into Photography was to travel and shoot slightly better images. For me, it's about documenting the moment in time, or the expressions of the locals, or the landscapes we see. That's how I have been using my Pentax cameras.

Recently, someone in the group asked me, how did I learn to utilize my photographic tools to take the sunrise or the sunset photos I took. I actually suggested to him, keep going to the same location, get use to using your camera to the point that you don't need to fumble through the settings. And even in the same location, you'll start to expand your compositional sense asking questions, "Is there another angle?", "Where's the sun now in this part of the year", "Do I need a wider POV", "should I go for a more "compressed" POV?" "How can I make use of the features-laden Ks I have?" ... Familiarity of the location helps you work on these other questions.

So why Merlion Park? It was the easiest location to get to for me (sorry to say). It was also the easiest location for me to get my sunrise. I took this image back in 2009 when I wanted to be a bit more serious with my landscape/cityscape genre.

Till this day, I kept going back, exploring angles, exploring camera's in-built capabilities, exploring how to use my filters with my different set of lenses, utilizing different tools for different weather.

And hopefully I have improved a little bit over the years through my images...

Last edited:
In the meet, we'll start off the morning shooting first. Read up your bit about using your remotes, Manual exposure using lower ISOs. Prepare yourself a little ahead on the usage of your camera so you won't fumble through the settings. Please bring your tripods along as you are going to need it.

After all the photographs of the twilight hours, sunrise ... we will take a group photo followed by QnAs. We can discuss about the special functions we loved to use on Pentax for Landscapes. We can also explore the use of Filters for your photographic journey.

And we'll break for breakfast at Killiney close to Elgin Bridge.

Okay, more angles that we can explore on that day ...

Last edited:

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest

Thanks Bernard for the time to organize this session.

If there is a person in the Pentax section who has stuck to doing the genre he likes (landscapes) and got better and better with each year, its got to be this guy.
Meticulous in execution with a fine conscious approach to his setup, composition and post processing.

We are indeed fortunate to have Bernard with us using the Pentax K1 and his willingness to spend time to do this shoot as well as sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience.

Thanks Bernard for the time to organize this session.

If there is a person in the Pentax section who has stuck to doing the genre he likes (landscapes) and got better and better with each year, its got to be this guy.
Meticulous in execution with a fine conscious approach to his setup, composition and post processing.

We are indeed fortunate to have Bernard with us using the Pentax K1 and his willingness to spend time to do this shoot as well as sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience.

WAO LAO ... hat too big liao ...

Just sharing experiences. Wealth I am keeping for more gears! LOL.

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest

OKAY this looks like we are going for sure liao.

Btw, those interested in Irix 15mm, it's likely some of the guys maybe able to collect prior and showcase this new ultra wide angle lens for K-mount. Those interested in this lens should come.

Last edited:

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o

OKAY this looks like we are going for sure liao.

Btw, those interested in Irix 15mm, it's likely some of the guys maybe able to collect prior and showcase this new ultra wide angle lens for K-mount. Those interested in this lens should come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. JK

If you want some tips on landscape, there is no better opportunity to learn from Bernard Yeo.

to Bernard, pl bring whatever latest gadget you have to show and display how those shots were taken.;)

otc

If you want some tips on landscape, there is no better opportunity to learn from Bernard Yeo.

to Bernard, pl bring whatever latest gadget you have to show and display how those shots were taken.;)

otc

got bernard, yiming, JK... all landscape and cityscape sifu, sure will learn alot from them... :)

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. JK
5. sunnycamera

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. JK
5. sunnycamera
6. Felix
7. Joe

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. JK
5. sunnycamera
6. Felix
7. Joe
8. Greg ( Hope I can get up early enough)

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. sunnycamera
5. Felix
6. Joe
7. Greg ( Hope I can get up early enough)[/QUOTE]

Up for the day!

Its happening tomorrow! :)

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. sunnycamera
5. Felix
6. Joe
7. Greg ( Hope I can get up early enough)
8. Ranchy

Up for the day!

1. HJBYEO - 9651ONESIX42
2. Oceanpriest
3. NeoI2o
4. sunnycamera
5. Felix
6. Joe
7. Greg ( Hope I can get up early enough)
8. Ranchy

Up for the day!

9. jianw x 2

eh? JK not going? will try to join in if i can wake up in time. :)