noticed a few de-registrations recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkertR

Gee... must have been hard on the mods. I've seen 2 de-registrations of late. One in the JC thread and the other on the one with rumors on the D50. SCARY. Hope no one else will be de-registered... a little sad to see people get the boot, but when they misbehave... no choice.

Hi,

This site is about photography. The sharing of/ the assistance of and the enjoyment of.

Sometimes people seem to get a bee in their bonnet when their point of view etc is not the final one.
As such, they just keep on going reguardless.

With that thought in my mind:
I don't blame the admins for doing what they have to do when it gets out of control.

Personally, I would not like their position because generally most people come down on them for their decision.

Lets keep this site an exciting site. One we are proud to be a part of :thumbsup: I know I am.

From personal observation CS mods are not a heavy-handed lot. I am not too sure how the de-registration took place. I hope the offenders were given fair warnings.

I and another poster were booted out from another forum several months ago. He has a more colourful approach to posting. At the beginning I used to be scared of him. But after a while I get to know that's his way (although not an endearing one) of putting his points across.

As for me and those who know me, I always appoach posting in a photo forum in a light-hearted manner. I don't take what's been said on the net too seriosuly. In fact I don't take myself seriously.

Anyway that forum has not been moderated and the few mods the owner has appointed rarely log on to see what's going on. We just went on in our usual elements and merriment. Then one day both of us found ourselves banned with no warning, no notification and no explanation. When the owner asked for donations for upkeep of the forum, many of us donated in whatever way we could.

CSers should consider themselves lucky for a well-moderated forum supported by a large community of supportive members.

Sion said:
From personal observation CS mods are not a heavy-handed lot. I am not too sure how the de-registration took place. I hope the offenders were given fair warnings.

I and another poster were booted out from another forum several months ago. He has a more colourful approach to posting. At the beginning I used to be scared of him. But after a while I get to know that's his way (although not an endearing one) of putting his points across.

As for me and those who know me, I always appoach posting in a photo forum in a light-hearted manner. I don't take what's been said on the net too seriosuly. In fact I don't take myself seriously.

Anyway that forum has not been moderated and the few mods the owner has appointed rarely log on to see what's going on. We just went on in our usual elements and merriment. Then one day both of us found ourselves banned with no warning, no notification and no explanation. When the owner asked for donations for upkeep of the forum, many of us donated in whatever way we could.

CSers should consider themselves lucky for a well-moderated forum supported by a large community of supportive members.
Hah! Serves you right! You...........Lah :sticktong !

Sion said:
You really thought we were taking you seriously? I assume all the above is also not to be taken seriously? Or is this the only time you are going to be serious?

HS

Sion said:
Maybe the owner of that forum wanted to chase us two into your arms here?
Ahh! Come here my darling! .......Don't be afraid of me......

hongsien said:
You really thought we were taking you seriously? I assume all the above is also not to be taken seriously? Or is this the only time you are going to be serious?

HS

For your benefit I am and has been always serious.

PLease don't confuse seriousness with cuteness.

Personally I feel privileged to be a member of this site... why ???

There is not another site I have found that comes close.

There is so much that can be learned by simply browsing.
There is so much that can be learned from professional and non professionals that reply to my questions.

There are so many tallented people that contribute to this site.. new and old.

I have been inspired by so many people here.
To the point of wanting to meet some of those people, and going to Singapore to meet them.

If this site were to shut down, what would we all do ???
No need to say,"what did we do before"... This is not Before it is Now

It is a privilege to be a part of this club, not a right!

Cheers

Pablo said:
Personally I feel privileged to be a member of this site... why ???

There is not another site I have found that comes close.

There is so much that can be learned by simply browsing.
There is so much that can be learned from professional and non professionals that reply to my questions.

There are so many tallented people that contribute to this site.. new and old.

I have been inspired by so many people here.
To the point of wanting to meet some of those people, and going to Singapore to meet them.

If this site were to shut down, what would we all do ???
No need to say,"what did we do before"... This is not Before it is Now

It is a privilege to be a part of this club, not a right!

Cheers
Hi Pablo,

Thank you for your kind words and support. It is feedback like yours that motivates and spurs us to maintain and even up-level the experience that members can gain from ClubSNAP.

While it is not an easy task to administer and moderate such a large (and vocal) community, we are proud that our Moderators have done an outstanding job so far. It is also not easy to maintain that fine balance between members expectations and our ability to deliver while keeping within the tenets and guidelines that we have setup for ourselves (based on legal and other criteria).

We trust and believe that we can satisfy the majority of the members - we recognise that we cannot be everything to everyone thus occasionally, there will be fallout (hopefully not too much).

Thank you!

I agree with Pablo... the mods have been indeed very accomodating - I can say from experience that Darren for one is really friendly and he (for me) makes the moderators of this forum 'look good' to me.

There really isn't another site as open and free $$$ as compared to CS! Just check around... the other 'prestigious' sites like nikonians - u've gotta pay $$$ to even post pictures or hotlink them...

We're lucky! hehee :) thanks mods!

i hope less ppl will be given the boot though... hpoe no more for the year! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.