Notice of termination of Worldwide warranty for Olympus DC and Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they did. But that was when they were at Adelphi. They were selling em5 and Olympus lenses. Gotten my 45mm from them during that time.

But not sure about now.

just checked their website they seems to have some, not the latest though.

So in doubt, it's best to call Olympus Singapore to confirm.

Actually they did. But that was when they were at Adelphi. They were selling em5 and Olympus lenses. Gotten my 45mm from them during that time.

But not sure about now.
Yes, they did. I nearly bought an EM5 from them when they are at present place in Funan .. maybe about one year ago ?

Ok thanks, rephrase the question, same question but different example

Thanks for the list, short of asking Olympus directly, I am curious as to whether those not on the list really are not covered by Olympus ?

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Artworkfoto is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Artworkfoto is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

For local shops:
If any shop is not listed on the list and they parallel import their stock, warranty will not be valid.
If shop not listed on the list, and they take stock from from other shops who are authorized dealers, warranty will still be valid.

As for international sets, only sets accompanied by official sales receipts from authorized dealers are recognized by most service centers here in Singapore. This is true especially for most brands, Nikon included. How Olympus will handle it, is best answered by Olympus Singapore.

Ability to register your serial number in the website is no guarantee that warranty service is guaranteed. That is the same for Sony and Nikon warranty registration websites. In the end, they can still ask you to produce a proper receipt and warranty card before giving your warranty service. How Olympus handles this is best answered by Olympus Singapore.

Trying to win arguments here will win yourself zero points. In the end, it is the service center's prerogative to give you warranty service or not. Not us. Bang table also no use. So every time you buy from overseas, it is a risk you have to take.

Last edited:
Reactions: edutilos-
Besides the warranty, will it be cheaper to repair a local set than an overseas set now? Or they will not even touch an overseas set?

For local shops:
If any shop is not listed on the list and they parallel import their stock, warranty will not be valid.
If shop not listed on the list, and they take stock from from other shops who are authorized dealers, warranty will still be valid.

As for international sets, only sets accompanied by official sales receipts from authorized dealers are recognized by most service centers here in Singapore. This is true especially for most brands, Nikon included. How Olympus will handle it, is best answered by Olympus Singapore.

Ability to register your serial number in the website is no guarantee that warranty service is guaranteed. That is the same for Sony and Nikon warranty registration websites. In the end, they can still ask you to produce a proper receipt and warranty card before giving your warranty service. How Olympus handles this is best answered by Olympus Singapore.

Trying to win arguments here will win yourself zero points. In the end, it is the service center's prerogative to give you warranty service or not. Not us. Bang table also no use. So every time you buy from overseas, it is a risk you have to take.

should sticky this... i realized there are people who believe that registration of warranty = warranty coverage valid too which is not true.
Anyway, most shops at Funan obtain their stocks from 1 or 2 main shops (what I believe) so as long as its a local set, priced decently (I hope no one still believes in dirt cheap deals to be trustworthy in genenral) , you should be fine with warranty coverage.

Olympus SG is in general very willing to help with warranty claims - to the point where I know of once a credit card charge slip was accepted for a person who lost his receipt but but be polite about it & know its always case by case - afterall if they throw the book at an owner for not bringing in a proper receipt, its the owner's fault for losing the receipt, not Olympus's fault.

Don't think anyone here is trying to win any points ... mostly trying to find out, short of asking Olympus directly, what's Olympus stand, warranty valid or no valid ... after all, it's only a $1,000 camera, not a car or a house ... anyway, your answer below pretty much answer the question that I want to know ... nothing to do winning points ... there was no arguments to begin with ... cheers

For local shops:

Thanks for the list, short of asking Olympus directly, I am curious as to whether those not on the list really are not covered by Olympus ?

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Click! is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Click! is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Ok thanks, rephrase the question, same question but different example

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Artworkfoto is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Artworkfoto is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Don't think anyone here is trying to win any points ... mostly trying to find out, short of asking Olympus directly, what's Olympus stand, warranty valid or no valid ... after all, it's only a $1,000 camera, not a car or a house ... anyway, your answer below pretty much answer the question that I want to know ... nothing to do winning points ... there was no arguments to begin with ... cheers

Repeatedly over past 2 days you have been "short of asking Olympus directly". Pls, do us a favour and pick up the phone and call them tmrw morning to clarify on your case. The thread here is to inform others about the change of policy, rather than being a hotline, as much as we would like to help, there are certain things we are not in the position to.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, this thread, as mentioned, serves as a notification, rather than a FAQ or a "Contact Us" for clarification service.

Why not pick up the phone and checking with them directly since their information is the most accurate.

I'm closing the thread since it's purpose has already been served.

Status
Not open for further replies.