megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
ol_logo.gif

Original information is extracted from Olympus website

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/info/info20140828.cfm

Notice of termination of Worldwide warranty for Olympus Digital Cameras and Accessories

Aug 28, 2014

Olympus Imaging Corporation has been providing Worldwide warranty for digital cameras and accessories since April 1, 2004, except for some countries and regions.
However, the time has come to stop providing Worldwide warranty because of regulation by laws and differences in the infrastructure of the repair facilities in individual countries.
Please kindly be informed that Worldwide warranty will not be provided with most of our Micro Four Thirds System and compact digital camera products shipped after September of 2014.

The Worldwide warranty card you have, is currently still valid as long as it meets the conditions required for warranty repair. Also, the Worldwide warranty card enclosed with the new products which you purchase from now, is also valid. Local warranty card is valid only in the country where you purchase the product and all repairs undertaken in other countries will be a chargeable service.

For any questions please refer to the "Olympus Authorized Distributor List" and contact our Service Station or Distributor for assistance.

[Local warranty] Olympus Authorized Distributors List

[Worldwide warranty] Olympus Authorized Distributors List

Thanks for the link ...

No more worldwide warranty for Olympus. That's a lose lose.

Attachments

• $image-654167819.jpg
    $image-654167819.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 42
Indeed sad but then I guess Olympus just ended up had to protect itself, the impact will depend I guess & Oly has taken steps to mitigate this by introducing very attractive prices for the local market. Remember the recent $998 for a EM10, 14-42EZ, 45/1.8 plus a free battery promotion?

Just saw them post on their FB... Means all oly products bought here is local warranty only. Not sure about other countries.

Announcement was made here yesterday.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442382

and here.

Notice of termination of Worldwide warranty for Olympus Digital Cameras and Accessories

Aug 28, 2014

Olympus Imaging Corporation has been providing Worldwide warranty for digital cameras and accessories since April 1, 2004, except for some countries and regions.
However, the time has come to stop providing Worldwide warranty because of regulation by laws and differences in the infrastructure of the repair facilities in individual countries.
Please kindly be informed that Worldwide warranty will not be provided with most of our Micro Four Thirds System and compact digital camera products shipped after September of 2014.

The Worldwide warranty card you have, is currently still valid as long as it meets the conditions required for warranty repair. Also, the Worldwide warranty card enclosed with the new products which you purchase from now, is also valid. Local warranty card is valid only in the country where you purchase the product and all repairs undertaken in other countries will be a chargeable service.

For any questions please refer to the "Olympus Authorized Distributor List" and contact our Service Station or Distributor for assistance.

[Local warranty] Olympus Authorized Distributors List

[Worldwide warranty] Olympus Authorized Distributors List

Hi,

There's a sticky thread on this within MFT forum so I'll be combining both threads.

If we received our product before Sept 2014 but something happened say in Nov 2014, can still claim warranty ?

Thanks

If we received our product before Sept 2014 but something happened say in Nov 2014, can still claim warranty ?

Thanks

Erm maybe you can read the next lines.. It should mean that as long as the product comes with Worldwide Warranty card still it will be fine. So if your product came with worldwide warranty card and arrive before Sep 2014 (and meets the other T&C for warranty, whatever they are) should be quite clear that it will be covered.

The grey area is really, what if you receive the product AFTER Sep 2014, and it still comes with Worldwide Warranty Card? The lines indicate that it will be covered, and this makes sense given that Olympus won't want to screw all its retailers over (leaving them with warrantyless sets that were once warrantied).. But it's of course best to hear from Olympus Singapore for all avoidance of doubt.

Last edited:

Thanks

Problem is, is the seller you bought from, an authorized dealer?

Problem is, is the seller you bought from, an authorized dealer?
Even in S'pore, many bought Olympus cameras from non-authorized dealer, are these not covered too ?

For Singapore, this list only list the Olympus HQ

Singapore:
Olympus Imaging Singapore Pte. Ltd.
(Olympus Studio)
491B River Valley Road #13-03,
Valley Point Office Tower
Singapore 248373
Phone: 1 800 6596787
Phone: +65 6738-4677
Fax: +65 6738-4993
E-mail: tech_support.oisp@

Even in S'pore, many bought Olympus cameras from non-authorized dealer, are these not covered too ?

For Singapore, this list only list the Olympus HQ

Singapore:
Olympus Imaging Singapore Pte. Ltd.
(Olympus Studio)
491B River Valley Road #13-03,
Valley Point Office Tower
Singapore 248373
Phone: 1 800 6596787
Phone: +65 6738-4677
Fax: +65 6738-4993
E-mail: tech_support.oisp@

http://home.olympusimage.com.sg/ois/index.php/wheretobuy/

You will have to check with Olympus as obviously qoo10/Daiso is not a authorized reseller. And certainly being polite and nice will go a long way.

You will have to check with Olympus as obviously qoo10/Daiso is not a authorized reseller. And certainly being polite and nice will go a long way.
Of course, not only warranty, any other things in life, needless to say, being polite and nice will always go a long way ... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the list, short of asking Olympus directly, I am curious as to whether those not on the list really are not covered by Olympus ?

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Click! is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Click! is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Oly SG also gonna lose some tourist sales from this. Although we aren't the cheapest but we ain't the most expensive too.

Thanks for the list, short of asking Olympus directly, I am curious as to whether those not on the list really are not covered by Olympus ?

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Click! is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Click! is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Click! is in the list.

$Capture.JPG

Click! is in the list.

View attachment 4309

Ok thanks, rephrase the question, same question but different example

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Artworkfoto is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Artworkfoto is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Ok thanks, rephrase the question, same question but different example

I look at the list, just to name one established shop in Funan at random (nothing against them as I bought a lot of stuff from them too), eg Artworkfoto is not in the list ... so does this mean Olympus cameras bought from Artworkfoto is not covered by warranty ?

Thanks

Don't remember artworkfoto selling Olympus, could be wrong though. So if they aren't, whether cover warranty or not, best answered by Olympus.

Don't remember artworkfoto selling Olympus, could be wrong though. So if they aren't, whether cover warranty or not, best answered by Olympus.

Actually they did. But that was when they were at Adelphi. They were selling em5 and Olympus lenses. Gotten my 45mm from them during that time.

But not sure about now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.