Nothing Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendell

Aug 2, 2009
Singapore
Sharing some of my photos taken with my old PnS camera.

#1 Smiley

You haven't lost your smile at all, it's right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.

4089309199_4d80da6af4.jpg

#2 Best Friend

A true friend is the one who stay with you when the rest of the world walk out.

"To get the full value of joy You must have someone to divide it with."
- Mark Twain

4090073410_96884e7f2f.jpg

#3 With or Without You

Loneliness adds beauty to life.

4090071922_a84d1ea31a.jpg

All images taken with Lumix.

Last edited:
Nice captions, simple yet great story-telling

Keep smiling and keep shooting. Every picture tells a thousand words. The interpretation lies in the mind of the photographer and not the one who sees it. Keep it up:)

Keep smiling and keep shooting. Every picture tells a thousand words. The interpretation lies in the mind of the photographer and not the one who sees it. Keep it up:)

Thanks for the kind comments.

Good caption to go along with the photos :thumbsup:

Without those caption i would have interpret or translate it differently

Good caption to go along with the photos :thumbsup:

Without those caption i would have interpret or translate it differently

People have different thinking and feeling ... That's the feeling when I have when I took the photo... So better to pen down.

If not:

#1 - I can see your *** from down here. *Smirk*
#2 - Today so hot ah, want to swim or not?
#3 - Dunno where the hell my hubby gone.

Last edited:

I agree that interpretation and intent by the photographer is important, but if the result is something that the audience cannot see or comprehend, then does the photo still work?

That's why for abtract shots, provide the right caption is important to direct audience.

I agree that interpretation and intent by the photographer is important, but if the result is something that the audience cannot see or comprehend, then does the photo still work?

That's why for abtract shots, provide the right caption is important to direct audience.

Yes grumpy, what you said is true also i agree with you. But when i said "and not the one who sees it" is what i meant was we can't read the photographer's mind at the time he took the picture. He must have a reason or a vision in that shot. Of course when we see a nice photo, we'll all agree its nice. But when it's taken not to our liking, we have something to say. Unless the photo is totally meaningless, for example (maybe taken by a newbie) then the photo might not work coz the result is something that the audience cannot see or comprehend, like what you said.

So caption is also good, but again, photography is subjective. Our minds think differently. Thanks for sharing, grumpy. C ya around ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.