notebook will not start up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
I was using the notebook and suddenly there was a vibrating sound and my comp froze.
Reboot it and it was only a black screen.
Tried several times but i only get a blank screen.

Does anybody know why is it like this?

overheat??

i dun think so.
I usually use the notebook for 12 hrs a day for 6mnths plus ever since i bought it.

The notebook does power up but what i get is a black screen.
it happened last nite and still today morning it gives me a black screen!

is ur fan still working? maybe spoil le so vibrate and thus ur comp wun boot?

i dun think so.
I usually use the notebook for 12 hrs a day for 6mnths plus ever since i bought it.

The notebook does power up but what i get is a black screen.
it happened last nite and still today morning it gives me a black screen!
That is a really heavy usage from a notebook, I think the type of notebook selection is important, like Dell have Latitude series which would be for such heavy usage vs their lower end casual usage, likewise Lenovo T series would fit into your usage requirements.

The problem could be that your current notebook was not designed for heavy usage, just my 2 cents.

../azul123

if its overheat the motherboard will have auto shutdown.it will be able to reboot after.
HDD blinking light?
smth like tt happen to my desktop too. it was the videocard bios not being able to load. bcoz u cnot clear the videocrad bios u cnot go into system bios...

juz my experience.

nope,i still get a black screen whenever i hit the power on.
is it cover under warranty?
I doubt it's heavy usuage cuz i use it 8 hrs straight in school,air coned enviroment and start using it around 8pm in the nite for 4 hrs.

called sony but no one answer the call.

i dun think is heavy usage... i known longer users then u. dota also lol.
if its not cause by u hitting or dropping then still got warranty can try asking sony lor

hmm u bought from skool? my friends one some is cd rom spoil, some is hdd spoil. All send back acer to repair. The Acer's for SP are realli bad. My friend sent it in 4 times liaoz.

err did not. juz use built in graphics :bsmilie:
dam sian no graphic card... gunbound also can lag LOL!
tt videocard has been giving me problems since day 1 sia...

Haha sounds like the HDD died though. I don't know.. hope it's still under warranty. Honestly notebooks shouldn't be carried around much though it's portable, vibes are bad bad for the HDD.

I did not hit it nor drop it.
I was replying to some email and then this dam vibratin sound came.
After which,restartig gave me only a black screen.

If my Hdd crashes...it means i cannot retrieve my files right?

hmm u bought from skool? my friends one some is cd rom spoil, some is hdd spoil. All send back acer to repair. The Acer's for SP are realli bad. My friend sent it in 4 times liaoz.

Mine's a sz vaio.

could be the heat sink. smth similar happened to my com. maybe give them a call to properly access the damage?

could be the heat sink. smth similar happened to my com. maybe give them a call to properly access the damage?

What are my chances of having them fix the problem without them telling me it's my fault that such issues arise?

What are my chances of having them fix the problem without them telling me it's my fault that such issues arise?

As long as there is no sign of external damage and your notebook is still under warranty, they will fix it FOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.