Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
(t400cn + orange filter)

ORG24.jpg

comments welcome.

I think I will like to see the actual colour version. I don't see the point for showing the colourful firework to B&W. What I think is when I shoot fireworks, I would want to show the colourful display of light.

Please enlighten me what u feel and what u see good in the photo, I am very keen to know.

Forgive me for my ignorance.

Thank you

the thing that stands out in the pic is the bright fireworks - that's ok for me.
the buildings on the left seem to be slanting to the right. - that's a no no for me, might wanna correct the perspective in photoshop.

how about colour fireworks with a B&W background?

all the above are my views, you may beg to differ and i respect that. :cheers:

STboy said:
I think I will like to see the actual colour version. I don't see the point for showing the colourful firework to B&W. What I think is when I shoot fireworks, I would want to show the colourful display of light.

Please enlighten me what u feel and what u see good in the photo, I am very keen to know.

Forgive me for my ignorance.

Thank you

u miss my point. lolz. I tot i tried enuff with my title to explain myself. :sweatsm: Somemore I did not post it in "Ready, Lights Action" but here.

I don't have it in colour cos i shot with t400cn. In case u don't know, it's a (fake-o) kodak b&w film.

Just trying new things, provoking thoughts & opinions, pushing out of the comfort zone, etc etc :bsmilie:

foxtwo said:
u miss my point. lolz. I tot i tried enuff with my title to explain myself. :sweatsm: Somemore I did not post it in "Ready, Lights Action" but here.

I don't have it in colour cos i shot with t400cn. In case u don't know, it's a (fake-o) kodak b&w film.

Just trying new things, provoking thoughts & opinions, pushing out of the comfort zone, etc etc :bsmilie:

keep pushing the bounderies, break rules, try more! :thumbsup:

I agree with pushing the limit, experimenting and trying out, but IMO if it's too extreme until the majority cannot fathom or decipher what the photographer is trying to achieve, then it's time to review the approach.

Good try there Fox.

Pushing the limits. Most people will go for the colours of the fireworks and you have on the contrary did something different.

By having it b&w, it provokes thinking within me that will fireworks be just as nice without colours? Do we appreciate colourful things around us or just take for granted that fireworks are supposed to be colourful? Or maybe have you ever thought of seeing fireworks in the perspective of someone who have colour blindness and can't see what we have been seeing?

Thus, I would think this is an aesthetic effort by you though it might be heavily bombarded if this photo appears in some exhibitions. :thumbsup:

icer said:
Good try there Fox.

Pushing the limits. Most people will go for the colours of the fireworks and you have on the contrary did something different.

Had no intention of shooting fireworks as I was already in mid-roll, just ended up joining the rest of the gang for fun. Guess curiosity got the better of me.

icer said:
By having it b&w, it provokes thinking within me that will fireworks be just as nice without colours? Do we appreciate colourful things around us or just take for granted that fireworks are supposed to be colourful? Or maybe have you ever thought of seeing fireworks in the perspective of someone who have colour blindness and can't see what we have been seeing?

That's new. Thx for sharing. :)

icer said:
Thus, I would think this is an aesthetic effort by you though it might be heavily bombarded if this photo appears in some exhibitions. :thumbsup:

Not good enough for exhibition lah. Just enough to incite brain cells to agitate, thats all. :D
Rock the Boat, Rock the Boat!!

Foxtwo u get a point. Most(minus the less fortunate) of us see things in colour the moment we open our eye in the morning. It is sometime interesting to see something out of the ordinary.

i thought this was a pretty special picture. immediate focus on ur subject. very different, very special! keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.