Not Yet

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
6005347430_881bab582b_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition , Lighting , and Not yet feeling.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I had idea to create flower that haven't bloom , but almost . I decided to use B/W and focus only on the flower it self .

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I shoot this flower on the way walk to botanical garden, i take in early in the morning, i do the edit by exclude all the leaf that cluttering .

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I love the contrast and i think it have not achieve the "Not Yet" feeling.

"Not yet" is not a thought that comes to my mind when I look at the photograph. After reading the written explanation, I still don't have any feeling of "not yet".

It's a pretty picture in its own right.

U need to try something visually stronger to convey "not yet". If the bud is "not yet" a flower, how about finding a bud in a sea of flowers to convey the idea of "not yet"?

Sorry bro, I can't tell that this is a flower (at first I still tot Cobra :bsmilie:), so....can't relate it to "not yet"

This is a beautiful picture. I love what you've done with the contrast and background. The tones are nice and soft yet subtly dramatic at the same time.

The centre of the flower peeks out behind the petal, as though shy or not ready to be seen. I can see the "not yet" here though it's very subtle. :)

Keep it up! Thanks for sharing. :bsmilie:

Title aside, this is a nice abstract.

I don't feel "not yet" too.

But I still like the image, except for the angle...