not so extraordinary life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshkosh

Jan 6, 2009
Hi, was feeling bored and thought I take my cam and shoot.

Here is one I like - C&C is welcome

Titled: Life is a beautiful mess

3878038084_9696befc5b_b.jpg

This " messy " pic reminds me of a series of similar topic taken by a pair ( couple-husband and wife team ) of reknown Hong Kong professional photographers.
Their theme consist of " messy " corners of daily houshold, commercial, offices, workshops, factories space etc. Look messy but actually is a very meticulously planned out composition of forms, shapes, colour harmony, topping up with professional lighting....resulting messy but yet tidy.... and a piece of art.

This " messy " pic reminds me of a series of similar topic taken by a pair ( couple-husband and wife team ) of reknown Hong Kong professional photographers.
Their theme consist of " messy " corners of daily houshold, commercial, offices, workshops, factories space etc. Look messy but actually is a very meticulously planned out composition of forms, shapes, colour harmony, topping up with professional lighting....resulting messy but yet tidy.... and a piece of art.

Hi, I didn't know somebody did such a concept too. I was going along that line as to compose something "messy" but in a beautiful manner. Do you know their names? Would love to see their works.

As a matter of fact, I'd seen those picture during my infant stage of photography, for that moment my reaction was : wow, so messy also can take picture ah ? But then, they were works of a pair of reknown photographers and I'd seen their other works regularly featured in those HK photo mags, so I pause and look, slowly begins to appreciate the difficulties involved. My conclusion was then; this is too advance and difficult for me and I gave it a pass. Now your pic had triggered my memory, that's why a good pic seen will be locked indefinitely in our memory bank.

Surely you could revive this trend, but perhaps start off with lesser items and find a location with good natural light,then slowly you can expand / increase the numbers of items.

I would say this one is also suitable for the title:

Life is a beautiful mess

Messy1.jpg

Whatyousee1.jpg

It's a wonderful gift to be able to feast upon our
memories and know who we are in what we see!

More recollection of old time memory...the theme title was " disorderly orderly " ( 乱中有序 ).

Forward's pic does not fit into this category...for the cigarette butt...suitable title could be " speedway to hell " ( harsh and treatening ) or " cause of illness " ( more gentler ).

Status
Not open for further replies.