not reasonable buyer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaritan

Feb 16, 2008
Have a D300 for sale to a 'X'xxx in the forum buy/sell section who is looking for some Nikon model.

Selling as package come with...still have six month warranty. Only asking for $1150.

But buyer think too much i am asking for.

Is $1150 too much to ask for?:dunno:

Haha, some buyer want as new conditon, no scratch, no this, no that, must have warranty, have box and everything, want extra free gift, want u to meet him at his preferred place and time, and condemn your set after viewing, and offer you half of what u want..

Sometimes juz feel like using the item to bash his head, best if using "mechanical brick" like nikon F2 or mamiya RB67...then ask him to go fly kite!:thumbsd:

kim:sweat:

And those who say " Must give me discount coz I'm a poor student"....but then why a poor student must buy L lens, AF-s lens, or some high end pro body for your hobbby, especially if you're a POOR student...:sticktong

hmm...just wondering how much the buyer ask for?

Well, my advice to you is to let go at a price you are comfortable with. Buyer will always ask for a lower price, ask for this and that.

You are not obligated to sell if you don't want to. Don't stress. ;)

Have a D300 for sale to a 'X'xxx in the forum buy/sell section who is looking for some Nikon model.

Selling as package come with...still have six month warranty. Only asking for $1150.

If you're not happy with his offer, don't accept it. It's that simple. 1150 is a very good price.

The buyer is probably going to re-sell it for 2000. So of course he's trying to squeeze you for all you're worth. In his own words:

"Hi guys, note that 2.4K gets a brand new local set D300

2.2K gets a grey set brand new D300 with shop warr. D2X (not D2Xs) 2nd hand value about same or lower as well. Pls dont quote prices too high like 3K..."

So 1150 is a steal.

I think a forum should have a section listing some really nasty 'buyers', just like the rating system in Ebay or Yahoo.

I had one buyer told me he wanted an item from me. To meet at his preferred timing and location. To prepare the item nicely and already bargained very hard saying no money.

When I met the person, he mounted the item on a no so cheap camera, and tried to shoot in a dim and dark area. And complained 'soft and not clear'. Of course lah, camera shake like hell even a Leice F1.0 lens also will be soft.

End of the day I also do not want to sell. His hands were oily and diry and I had to use anti bacteria tissues to clean my item.

Not to mention also, having many PMs with people offering $50 or $100. Why should I sell a nice item which I cannot even buy using a few $100, for $50? Waste time. I know many shops in Peninsula and they can do consignments nicely for me!

Moderator should seriously consider a section of 'Poor buyers;, "Dud buyer" or simply "nasty buyer". Sometimes you like to let someone have a good deal of your nice camera, turn out to be made a fool by these people.

And those who say " Must give me discount coz I'm a poor student"....but then why a poor student must buy L lens, AF-s lens, or some high end pro body for your hobbby, especially if you're a POOR student...:sticktong

Poor student but with high amibitons?????? hahahhaa.........

Got to dig up my JC uniform liao.....ahhhaha......

you can tell him to go fly kite...you should know how much your cam body is worth, so look for higher offers.
hopefully someone with a better offer would come along, good luck!

If you have done your research and is confident in the price you have set, then there is no need to ask for reassurence here. If you think your price is reasonable then you do not need to be worried or bothered by low-ball offers. Just reject the offer respectfully and move on.

I believe you have the answer to your question so I am closing this thread before it deteriorates.

Thanks.
-Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.