NOT a very Happy Chinese New Year..AWS Bonus been cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxheadroom

Jan 5, 2003
West
maxheadroom.multiply.com
Been feeling bad this CNY....
just got email from my company. Saying that they will not give AWS, bonus as to reserves for this year. Due to GST increase....
last year been working so hard for nothing..... :cry:

just got email from my company. Saying that they will not give AWS, bonus as to reserves for this year. Due to GST increase....

complain to MOM :thumbsup:

WTF, what has increase in GST got to do with AWS? Go look for another company ....:think:
GST is not your company's money ..... it is the consumers paying to the government and yr company is just the collecting agent! Dont let yr boss fools you, man!

WTF, what has increase in GST got to do with AWS? Go look for another company ....:think:
GST is not your company's money ..... it is the consumers paying to the government and yr company is just the collecting agent! Dont let yr boss fools you, man!

Very true! :thumbsup:

wat is AWS?

Ya, people will always abuse GST increases. Just like the hawkers, I'm sure $2.50 to $3 (a 50 cent increase --> 20% increase) is due to GST.

But it depends on what sort of company he's in la. If they purchase a lot from non-wholesalers, the supposed snowball effect of GST increase might increase their operating costs.

GST increase is nonsense. Govt got budget cut for company mah. Your company totally BULLSHIT! :angry:

But it depends on what sort of company he's in la. If they purchase a lot from non-wholesalers, the supposed snowball effect of GST increase might increase their operating costs.
wrong fact .... GST should not increase your operating costs, unless you are not GST registered company, or you absorb the GST.

In theory, let's say a cup of coffee is retailing at $1-00, and with 5% GST, the customer should be paying $1-05 and so there is no effect on profitability in a company. If next July, the coffee should be retailed at $1-07 and still the GST will not affect the profitability, unless the hawker did not increase and stay at $1-00 or $1-05. However in real life, everyone try to take advantage and confuse the situation and as such they start increasing it to $1-10, an additional profit of about 2.8 cts per cup (RP increase to $1-028 + GST $0-072)

So the gov by giving back some money (assuming to be extra 2% of GST expenditures for next 5 years for the lower income) is in theory should be enough only for abt 1 or 2 years becoz most "dishonest"retailers will increase by more than 5% additional as most retailers will usually round up the cents to the high side.

Another side effect is that local consumption by the local will be reduced and most ppl will tend to shop (non-essential goods) overseas.With budget air travel, local retailing will definately be having harder times ahead.

GST will usually affect the lower income groups the most, but since they dont have much to spend, their overall effect is not so crucial. The higher bracket will definately pay much more (more equitable form) but the effect is usually not so serious, as they can afford the increases. In real life, the middle income and the new families (which is also the biggest group) will be the most frustrated group .:sweat:

even if the company is not directly affected by gst, maybe it will be indirectly affected?

say, if the company's suppliers all affected by GST, the company need to pay utiltities, stationary, aircon maintenance, building maintenance fees...if all these are affected by GST, the company maybe indirectly affected right?

me not bz man....but i am just thinking.........pls correct me. :embrass:

Maybe it is time to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and stop MINDING OTHER PEOPLE BUSINESS! 100% profit is yours! ;)

AWS is for last year.. what has this year's GST hike (if there's any relevant) got to do with your AWS? throw letter liao lah....

AWS - annual wage supplements or simply 13th month bonus ...
ooo 13 month ar... i understand liao tks!

to TS: your company is the first case of such i heard of.... mayb can get someone bigger to explain why is it so

corporate taxes has been cut by 2% i heard.
You can complain to MOM,use the email as prove.

ooo 13 month ar... i understand liao tks!

to TS: your company is the first case of such i heard of.... mayb can get someone bigger to explain why is it so
who is someone bigger?:dunno:

even if the company is not directly affected by gst, maybe it will be indirectly affected?

say, if the company's suppliers all affected by GST, the company need to pay utiltities, stationary, aircon maintenance, building maintenance fees...if all these are affected by GST, the company maybe indirectly affected right?

me not bz man....but i am just thinking.........pls correct me. :embrass:

GST is NOT an expenditure expense (unless you are not registered as a GST-company or unless you absorb GST) ...
It WILL NOT directly or indirectly affect a company's profitability.
Let say, XYZ collects $10,000 GST from the sales, then XYZ will have to pay the gov this amount. But if it is paying more GST now becoz of the increase in expenses such as utilities, stationery, etc..., say from $5,000(GST paid to other companies) to eg $5,100 (abt 2% increase), then it can now claim back from the gov the full $5,100, and in this eg, only pay the gov $4,900.
Remember GST is monies belong to the GOV. :think: and NOT the Company. No one should be allowed to use GST to increase prices and ppl should boycott these companies with the wallets.

GST is NOT an expenditure expense (unless you are not registered as a GST-company or unless you absorb GST) ...
It WILL NOT directly or indirectly affect a company's profitability.
Let say, XYZ collects $10,000 GST from the sales, then XYZ will have to pay the gov this amount. But if it is paying more GST now becoz of the increase in expenses such as utilities, stationery, etc..., say from $5,000(GST paid to other companies) to eg $5,100 (abt 2% increase), then it can now claim back from the gov the full $5,100, and in this eg, only pay the gov $4,900.
Remember GST is monies belong to the GOV. :think: and NOT the Company. No one should be allowed to use GST to increase prices and ppl should boycott these companies with the wallets.

Oh I see :embrass:

There is a rule to insist that all retailers must use "Price Tag" with the GST amount so that it can show to the consumers how much they are paying with the GST.
Personally, and from my personal experience, I think this is a very bad move. People should see ALL labels WITHOUT the GST amount and only let the computers/POSs do the final GST calculation when finalising the Bill amount, and GST as a lump sum.
Most retailers, including MANY of the local big stores CHEAT!

Upon any increase in GST, retailers "force"suppliers to adjust the prices upward, or rounding off the increase amount to the higher side. As such, every items are increased more than the amount of increments, and the grand total of increase is really excessive. On the other hand, the suppliers did not get the benefits.

I hope someone will petition to the gov to implement this concept of shops displaying ONLY the non-gst amount.....:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.