NorthWestern Exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimbijik

Dec 11, 2006
very far
Hi all, after months of MIA and soul searching :bsmilie:....I stumbled upon a tiny area in Northwestern part of singapore where the sunset is as good as in TUAS area but without the barricades. I have been there about five times and everytime the sunset was breathtaking (must look up NEA for good weather).

IMG_2105d.jpg

the picture was shot using a 400d at ISO100 f8 10sec. Previously i use the canon software tool but Since i am still learning some photoshop from friends, mags and books, i basically do basic things on the picture. all been done was saturation, contrast, a lil' bit of burning at the horizon and straightening the horizon.

Well, you can comment hardly or softly on anything about the picture. Harder comments are better since i always learn the hard way futhermore i am not an emotional person but i do cry at times :bsmilie: hahaha

Hi all, after months of MIA and soul searching :bsmilie:....I stumbled upon a tiny area in Northwestern part of singapore where the sunset is as good as in TUAS area but without the barricades. I have been there about five times and everytime the sunset was breathtaking (must look up NEA for good weather).

IMG_2105d.jpg

the picture was shot using a 400d at ISO100 f8 10sec. Previously i use the canon software tool but Since i am still learning some photoshop from friends, mags and books, i basically do basic things on the picture. all been done was saturation, contrast, a lil' bit of burning at the horizon and straightening the horizon.

Well, you can comment hardly or softly on anything about the picture. Harder comments are better since i always learn the hard way futhermore i am not an emotional person but i do cry at times :bsmilie: hahaha

Nice colours and scenery here, no urban structures or equipment, where is this place?

It is an excellent photo.
Just wondered what do the others think about the reflection in the water? Would the horizon stand out more without it?

Nice composition. Is the vignet on purpose?

Wow! Nice pic.First time I see such nice landscape pic taken from Singapore! Well done!

this is taken near the serimbun scout camp at lim chu kang...:sweat:

Brudder stimbijik,

Nice photo and the next time if I go there again, I'll be on the look out for this precise location.

BTW, IMHO, I think, the foreground is a little blurrish though acceptable, did you hand held while shooting this?

Very well done. Composition really draws the eye to the horizon, which is well placed for a pleasing visual. The rocks on the upper left were a bit darkened by the Grad filter but it's a miniscule issue that really doesn't affect this image. Good exposure and pleasing colour palette. Congrats.

very nice
foreground composition is very good
but something not quite right with the picture
as mentioned it looks blurry/hazey
can't say for sure if it's due to handshake or what or vibrations
could it be haziness present? but the piece of land in the horizon looks fine :think:

very nice location you have here, mmm, i love rocks
anyways, nea is never accurate lor

this is taken near the serimbun scout camp at lim chu kang...:sweat:

thankyou! agree with night86mare, i love rocks too haha and this has no urban structures, clean and good. Rarely a scene we can catch in Singapore..

and ya, NEA really not accurate..hahah not always at least

Nice composition. Do you use GD,ND and polariser for this one.. or purely PS touchup?

Nice composition. Is the vignet on purpose?
yes the vignet is on purpose to have the viewers eyes in the middle...:sweat:

Brudder stimbijik,

Nice photo and the next time if I go there again, I'll be on the look out for this precise location.

BTW, IMHO, I think, the foreground is a little blurrish though acceptable, did you hand held while shooting this?

gee......i think i forget to sharpened it...heh..maybe i to old oredi...will do that before i print it on paper....

Very well done. Composition really draws the eye to the horizon, which is well placed for a pleasing visual. The rocks on the upper left were a bit darkened by the Grad filter but it's a miniscule issue that really doesn't affect this image. Good exposure and pleasing colour palette. Congrats.
Thanks bro....i love your nick..it reminds me of australia....:bsmilie:

very nice
foreground composition is very good
but something not quite right with the picture
as mentioned it looks blurry/hazey
can't say for sure if it's due to handshake or what or vibrations
could it be haziness present? but the piece of land in the horizon looks fine

very nice location you have here, mmm, i love rocks
anyways, nea is never accurate lor
actually i took it with a tripod ....horizon looks fine because i just got to learn this PS CS2...heh backdated lah ....you should go there before you fly off bro, maybe with sprintist since you both like rocks.....

Nice composition. Do you use GD,ND and polariser for this one.. or purely PS touchup?

thanks.....took with ND grad and lil' wee bit of touch up in PS :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.