North Vietnam 2005 Travelogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
North Vietnam 2005 Travelogue

Here's a collection of the images I took during my trip to North Vietnam in Dec 2005.
Enjoy... :)

More images HERE, --> Vietnam 2005 Travelogue. Pls view them in sequence.

7.5.22.jpg

Great series AReality! Very enjoyable.:thumbsup:

I wish i can capture people the way you do.:)

Excellent photos! Liked the way your photos portray the emotions of the moment. Was there during end of December too, took mostly landscape shots though, tried taking pictures of the pple in Sapa and the reactions i got from them were "Photo money!! Photo money!! 1 dollar! 1 dollar!":dunno:

Ah_Seng said:
Great series AReality! Very enjoyable.:thumbsup:

I wish i can capture people the way you do.:)
Your Vietnam photos were not bad too! I like the B&W Sapa church. I took that 1 at nite in the fog, it turn out more eerie than expected. Now CNY, cannot post...

maestrolik said:
Excellent photos! Liked the way your photos portray the emotions of the moment. Was there during end of December too, took mostly landscape shots though, tried taking pictures of the pple in Sapa and the reactions i got from them were "Photo money!! Photo money!! 1 dollar! 1 dollar!":dunno:

Hope your landscape shots are better than mine! It was foggy everyday, cannot see beyond 50m. Yar, quite a few asked for $ too. The rule is not to give, else spoil the market.

I think your landscapes are beautiful, even with the fog. I especially like #19.

lovely pics of Halong Bay. did you spend the night on the boat? i did, and like one of my friends put it, we didnt fall asleep, we fainted! it was so warm!

sunnierain said:
lovely pics of Halong Bay. did you spend the night on the boat? i did, and like one of my friends put it, we didnt fall asleep, we fainted! it was so warm!
Yep, spent the nite on the boat.
Was there in Dec. It wasn't warm, it was freezing cold, even under the thick quilt. The sunset was breathtaking... :)

AReality said:
Hope your landscape shots are better than mine! It was foggy everyday, cannot see beyond 50m. Yar, quite a few asked for $ too. The rule is not to give, else spoil the market.

The weather in Sapa was great when i was there, sunny everyday. Nice landscape but photographer was crap, still post processing all my pics till wee hrs of the night for my friends. Yeah its those tourist who spoiled the mkt by giving $$ to take photos with the locals. Luckily i brought along my 70-200mm, now i know what they are for haha. Noticed something interesting, the cow dung and rice fields there seemed to share the same texture ---> side terraced, wonder why.....:think:

maestrolik said:
The weather in Sapa was great when i was there, sunny everyday. Nice landscape but photographer was crap, still post processing all my pics till wee hrs of the night for my friends. Yeah its those tourist who spoiled the mkt by giving $$ to take photos with the locals. Luckily i brought along my 70-200mm, now i know what they are for haha. Noticed something interesting, the cow dung and rice fields there seemed to share the same texture ---> side terraced, wonder why.....:think:
Here it is.. :)
sapa01.jpg

& this is what we trampled on throughout the whole journey...
sapa02.jpg

Great series. The locals seems very comfortable with you.

maestrolik said:
Yeah its those tourist who spoiled the mkt by giving $$ to take photos with the locals. :
At least they don't run off with your camera.

ot: mind sharing where you got the photogallery flash, or did you program your own?

Yeah those are the "landmines" I have to look out for every now and then. You dun happen to step on any of them yeah? :sweat:

Don't mind if I post one of my better shots here? Still a newbie though and this is my first overseas travel photography trip :sweat:

Sapa5_1_web_.jpg
[/IMG]

They did not ask me for $$ though cos my female friends bought alot of stuffs from them and i took the chance to *snap**snap* for free :devil:

Nice series u have here.. Love the adorable Hmong girls that I met there.. And I remember they are damn good in playing pool and made me drink a lot.. :embrass:

maestrolik said:
Yeah those are the "landmines" I have to look out for every now and then. You dun happen to step on any of them yeah? :sweat:

Don't mind if I post one of my better shots here? Still a newbie though and this is my first overseas travel photography trip :sweat:

They did not ask me for $$ though cos my female friends bought alot of stuffs from them and i took the chance to *snap**snap* for free

Nope, we I didn't step on any. :sweat:
Hahaha.. it was me who brought sweets for the kids, not my friends. :) I think I'm also partly to blame for spoiling the kid's market. :confused:

GDSNP said:
Nice series u have here.. Love the adorable Hmong girls that I met there.. And I remember they are damn good in playing pool and made me drink a lot.. :embrass:
Yeah!
Never challenge them in drinking. Their wine is especially strong. & they're trained to drink since young.

AReality said:
Yeah!
Never challenge them in drinking. Their wine is especially strong. & they're trained to drink since young.

I didn't challenge them.. I was at a pub and the numerous Mimis just sat on my lap and start pouring alcohol down my throat.. Luckily I was still okay and managed to crawl back to my guesthouse.. But the Ang Mohs were totally pissed.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

AReality said:
Nope, we I didn't step on any. :sweat:
Hahaha.. it was me who brought sweets for the kids, not my friends. :) I think I'm also partly to blame for spoiling the kid's market. :confused:

Thanks for the tip! At least now i know what to bring in the future for these trips :bsmilie:
Btw you been to taiwan's Yushan or Alishan for trekking and photography before? Am thinking of going there but dunno where to start and seeking advice of those who went before. Planning to travel once every six months, location - wherever budget airlines go to !!! :vhappy:

GDSNP said:
I didn't challenge them.. I was at a pub and the numerous Mimis just sat on my lap and start pouring alcohol down my throat.. Luckily I was still okay and managed to crawl back to my guesthouse.. But the Ang Mohs were totally pissed.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Arrgh lucky you! Went with girls so didn't have all the luck, gotta behave myself though or else.....:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.