North Korea firs rocket which then promptly disintegrated

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
So much hoohaa over a large firework display.

Could be a rush job. I definitely believe this is a missile test.

Black Friday bad luck falls on Kim Jung Un.. Should have listened to the elders from USA, South Korea and Japan...

Hopefully the team doesnt suffer the wrath of the young dictator..

Last edited:
Prince Photogenic said:
Hopefully the team doesnt suffer the wrath of the young dictator..

A new team will be appointed to build rocket. And the entire current team will be strapped to the next rocket during its launching.

UncleFai said:
A new team will be appointed to build rocket. And the entire current team will be strapped to the next rocket during its launching.

i dunno which is worse, between being strapped to the rocket, political prison camp or the legendary coal mines..

A failed test... and more ppl goes hungry.... all because someone need to hold on to power. In someways.. can't blame young Kim also... without power, he'll be died long ago... being a tyrant isn't easy anymore... :sweat:

Last edited:
Just the third failure in a row. When the United States ended Project Vanguard in 1959, three nanosatellites and microsatellites from eleven launch attempts were successfully placed into orbit with a resulting failure rate of 72.72%. Only with the demise of Sergei Korolev, was the United States able to place a man on the moon and win the Space Race.

I say give them more time, say around another 30 years. ;)

i dunno which is worse, between being strapped to the rocket, political prison camp or the legendary coal mines..

The worse punishment would be having a small rocket strapped between the legs.

When it is fired a part of your body flies away without the rest.

The worse punishment would be having a small rocket strapped between the legs.

When it is fired a part of your body flies away without the rest.

Thanks ah.. i LOL-ed in office, literally..

everyone turned to look at me and I had to quickly switch windows..

Could be a rush job. I definitely believe this is a missile test.

Everyone believe it is a missile test. That why they protest.
Although they announce it is a failure. But I think it is a cover up.
The intention is to test the new engine. From the range display, it can be use in their new missile to hit Japan and South Korea.

actually thinking about it, does The Great Nation have any capabilities of sustaining a war? they may have many soldiers, but once the Asia Pacific region allies together to face them they'll no doubt fail. it'll be a huge mess.

Russia and China will have to take a side

and the result of that will determine the fate of the world

actually thinking about it, does The Great Nation have any capabilities of sustaining a war? they may have many soldiers, but once the Asia Pacific region allies together to face them they'll no doubt fail. it'll be a huge mess.

Russia and China will have to take a side

and the result of that will determine the fate of the world

That is why they feel that they need nurclear weapon and missile to fire them.

They are insecure and feel that the only to protect themselves is to threaten to kill everyone with nuke if they are under attack.

Some of their rocket engineers (+ their families) may end up in prison camp. After the foreign media have left and the 100th anniversary of KIS birthday is over, the witch hunt and blame game will start inside N K, away from prying eyes. Stacking a few more rocket stages of previous models failed.
N K can sell missiles to Iran, Pakistan, Iraq and Syria because those are remake copies of the Russian SCUD D.
N K cannot invent anything new. They got basically same problem that the Japanese have. Only know how to copy - but cannot create.

PRC should not teach N K about advanced rocket science. PRC should learn a lesson when Vietnam turned against it - after they helped Vietnam so much.

Last edited:
The intention is to test the new engine. From the range display, it can be use in their new missile to hit Japan and South Korea.
There are more efficient ways to test a rocket engine than a George Mueller's style of "all-up” approach.

The maiden launch of the Taepodong-2 (TP-2) ICBM which promptly exploded spectacularly at approximately the time of maximum Q from aerodynamic stress on the 5th of July 2006 has a theoretical range of between 4,000 km to 9,000 km with a payload capacity of between 500 to 1,000 kg depending on its stage one / stage two / stage three configuration which are still unknown as of now. Based on autonomous Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) system from first generation ICBM, we are also looking at a Circular Error of Probability (CEP) of several kilometres for the re-entry vehicle.

Last edited:
That is why they feel that they need nurclear weapon and missile to fire them.

They are insecure and feel that the only to protect themselves is to threaten to kill everyone with nuke if they are under attack.

actually the Kims just want to show their loyal subjects that North Korea is powerful. those still brainwashed probably think that the world isn't advanced enough.

thinking about it, why do you think there isn't an uprising by the commoners and soldiers alike? they probably could take the whole nation.

but they probably believe that the North is strong and will back whatever the state says

Interesting cycle of events here, at a time when civilian companies and organisations such as Orbital Sciences Corporation are utilising Minotaur Expendable Launch Vehicle (ELV) converted from decommissioned LGM-30F Minuteman II Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) and LGM-118 Peacekeeper ICBMs to launch artificial satellites into Low Earth Orbit (LEO) as a cost saving measure with 100% success rate, the North Koreans are doing so on the pretext of developing a ICBM with 0% success rate.

The Russian Makeyev Rocket Design Bureau is even launching Shtil and Volna ELVs based on the R-29RM Vysota ICBM and R-29R Vysota ICBM respectively from submerged Delta III boomers. Too many ICBMs left over from the Cold War era and the superpowers have no better idea on how to dispose of it at the end of their life cycle.

Last edited: