North Korea Aeromodelling Society

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
FlEbFg9.jpg

gFGHAg9.jpg

Found crashed at three separate locations within fleeting distance near the South Korean front of the 38th parallel Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)); Baengnyeong, Paju and Samcheok.

Radio Controlled (RC), Internal Combustion (IC) powered model aircraft, doesn't seems to be capable of being remotely operated Beyond Visual Range (BVR) / Over The Horizon (OTH) due to the absence of semi-autonomous capability though unlike the North Korean Beechcraft MQM-107D Streaker target drones (and their subsequent clone counterparts) acquired illegitimately from Syria. Payload equipped with Canon EOS DSLR.

Found crashed at three separate locations within fleeting distance near the South Korean front of the 38th parallel Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)); Baengnyeong, Paju and Samcheok.

Radio Controlled (RC), Internal Combustion (IC) powered model aircraft, doesn't seems to be capable of being remotely operated Beyond Visual Range (BVR) / Over The Horizon (OTH) due to the absence of semi-autonomous capability though unlike the North Korean Beechcraft MQM-107D Streaker target drones (and their subsequent clone counterparts) acquired illegitimately from Syria. Payload equipped with Canon EOS DSLR.

Since the cam is a canon, it's v ez to determine whether NK fix up this drone or not.

Trace the cam serial number.

If they are using Canon 5D Mk3... I'm going to the DMZ now... :bsmilie:

looks like a 550D to me.

not a semipro model as it lacks the rear wheel and comes with a 4 way button layout. buttons seem like a perfect match to me

canon-eos-rebel-t2i.jpg

If they are using Canon 5D Mk3... I'm going to the DMZ now... :bsmilie:

Ah... was hoping for maybe a 5D Mk2.... but knowing North Korea financial difficulties... understandable... LOL

Ah... was hoping for maybe a 5D Mk2.... but knowing North Korea financial difficulties... understandable... LOL

hehehe crop camera gets them better reach/fov compared to FF. plus the FF lens and body will be too heavy for that drone :p

anyone can check the serial whether it belongs to Dear leader ? :bsmilie:

hehehe crop camera gets them better reach/fov compared to FF. plus the FF lens and body will be too heavy for that drone :p

FF got better High ISO image mah... maybe fly at night... LOL

haha actually they should just fit on a go pro hero 3+ and shoot 4K all the way. smaller lighter and more FPS meaning more data hehehe

FF got better High ISO image mah... maybe fly at night... LOL

So is it canon cheaper or canon boleh? LOL

Since the cam is a canon, it's v ez to determine whether NK fix up this drone or not.

Trace the cam serial number.
Serial numbers can be tempered with by destructive filing. Anyway it does seems their indigenous designed model aircraft comes equipped with Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) Navigation (Nav) based Flight Control System (FCS) providing it with at least some automated (AutoPilot (A/P) function) or semi-autonomous (Return To Base (R2B) / Return To Home (R2H) failsafe) flight capability.

zSgJtpk.jpg

Here we have Supreme Leader, Kim Jong-Un visiting the North Korea Aeromodelling Society...

SpYQo1D.jpg

Last edited:
Serial numbers can be tempered with by destructive filing. Anyway it does seems their indigenous designed model aircraft comes equipped with Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) Navigation (Nav) based Flight Control System (FCS) providing it with at least some automated (AutoPilot (A/P) function) or semi-autonomous (Return To Base (R2B) / Return To Home (R2H) failsafe) flight capability.

Here we have Supreme Leader, Kim Jong-Un visiting the North Korea Aeromodelling Society...

If SD card is used, then they can trace those pics, including deleted ones. If one deleted pic showed a similing NK soldier doing a selfie test shot in the air base, no way NK can longer deny their involvement. :)

Definitely looks like a 550d... one was stolen from my house and never showed up on stolencamerafinder, I wonder if it found it's way into a drone :)

please send one such 550 to my house. still even better than what I'm using!

Somehow I think this is a fake...why take the hassle to fix a full body camera while a sensor unit will do for most surveillance drone? After all weight and aerodynamic is more of a priority in order to fly longer and further :dunno:

because its easier ? weight ? Aerodynamic ? This is North Korea.. not US or Japan. They don't bother

If SD card is used, then they can trace those pics, including deleted ones. If one deleted pic showed a similing NK soldier doing a selfie test shot in the air base, no way NK can longer deny their involvement. :)
A 53 year old wild ginseng gatherer from Samcheok removed a memory card from one of the crashed model aircraft on Chung-Ok mountain for his own personal use, conveniently ignoring everything until he make a report to authorities 6 months later after watching news reports regarding related incidents. :bsmilie:

A 53 year old wild ginseng gatherer from Samcheok removed a memory card from one of the crashed model aircraft on Chung-Ok mountain for his own personal use, conveniently ignoring everything until he make a report to authorities 6 months later after watching news reports regarding related incidents. :bsmilie:

They should hang that ginseng guy then.......