Normally how do u guys ask for discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiewei

Sep 2, 2008
i later want to get a D90 but need some tips on getting discount ;)

take note, most places ran out of stock for the D90 already, got mine yesterday at Cathay Photo Peninsula for 1698

take note, most places ran out of stock for the D90 already, got mine yesterday at Cathay Photo Peninsula for 1698

ya i know , but i call lord they all still have , john didn't pick up my phone :(

ya i know , but i call lord they all still have , john didn't pick up my phone :(
Sat....John 3:16 very busy one.

usually what i do is call all the well known shops and ask every shop for their best price and when they will have stock. But i usually buy a few stuff at one go and so far MS Color gives very very competitive prices if buying many things and generally all shops gives discounts provided you know the street pricing of the stuff you want. Of course all payment in cash.

usually to sweeten the deal other then standard free gifts may throw in a free memory cards.

Last edited:
i now go try my luck liao bye !

toni.. just tell him u work for the Don...
and the "Family" wan to take picture for thier mafia member..

tell them u wan it... tell them luca Tonny will fix it if u dun pay respect to the Don

this is what i do...hahaha..

seriously...
i think we should do some survey 1st..
check out the latest price..
find the cheapest shop (for the item u wan), ask nicely..
that what i do...
hope this work

i later want to get a D90 but need some tips on getting discount ;)

Why are you asking for discount in the first place? The shops sell cameras, not discounts.
Do you intend to buy 10 cameras? You can think about discounts if you buy more than one item and the other items are more than just lens tissue or blower. If the price offered is in reasonable range (do your home work and price checks) then I suggest using the motto "live and let live". Shop owners don't do it for fun, they have rice bowls to fill as well. If you can't afford the camera now then just wait and save more.

i take a large breath.. take out a pocket mirror.. make sure i look like this:

862215.jpg

i always fail though. :(

May just ask for Accessories..... of coz not the big 1....

Why are you asking for discount in the first place? The shops sell cameras, not discounts.
Do you intend to buy 10 cameras? You can think about discounts if you buy more than one item and the other items are more than just lens tissue or blower. If the price offered is in reasonable range (do your home work and price checks) then I suggest using the motto "live and let live". Shop owners don't do it for fun, they have rice bowls to fill as well. If you can't afford the camera now then just wait and save more.

not really discount lar ... is like ask them to offer thier real best price they can offer lor ...
my face go anywhere is like a carrot head , ready to be chop 1 :(

Your best bet is to ask around for prices. Once you get the lowest, go to the shop you are most comfortable with. If they are not the lowest, ask them if they can match the lowest quote you've got. Of course, make sure the quotes you ask for includes everything that needs to be in the package, including GST.

Your best bet is to ask around for prices. Once you get the lowest, go to the shop you are most comfortable with. If they are not the lowest, ask them if they can match the lowest quote you've got. Of course, make sure the quotes you ask for includes everything that needs to be in the package, including GST.

i went to the shop that is the same row with lord shop, he quote mi $1680 for D90 kit, i tell him alan photo offer mi $1650 and i ask him whether he can drop a bit more or not cos alan photo don have stock liao, then he told mi u get from alan photo bah :what:

haha, coz u already told them alan photo no stock, so theres no way u can get from AP. so there might still be a slight chance you will agree with the 1680 price.

you should say 'orh, no lah, that time i ask alan photo they quote me 1650, then i call my fren ask him, he say at lucky plaza got this shop, the sales man damn handsome, damn good and the price also good. so i come here and look for you lor.'

anyway, $1680 seems an ok price. and with the fact that most place ran out of stock right now, and if you cannot wait, u should be quite lucky that you can find one.

i went to the shop that is the same row with lord shop, he quote mi $1680 for D90 kit, i tell him alan photo offer mi $1650 and i ask him whether he can drop a bit more or not cos alan photo don have stock liao, then he told mi u get from alan photo bah :what:

What can I say? You gave up the bargaining chip.....

haha, coz u already told them alan photo no stock, so theres no way u can get from AP. so there might still be a slight chance you will agree with the 1680 price.

you should say 'orh, no lah, that time i ask alan photo they quote me 1650, then i call my fren ask him, he say at lucky plaza got this shop, the sales man damn handsome, damn good and the price also good. so i come here and look for you lor.'

anyway, $1680 seems an ok price. and with the fact that most place ran out of stock right now, and if you cannot wait, u should be quite lucky that you can find one.

What can I say? You gave up the bargaining chip.....

my bargaining skill very lousy :( nvm i will wait next week :D

If I know the shop is already charging low, then I will just take their offer.

Quoting another shop's price is one of the most ineffective ways to bargain. If I were the shop owner, I will also say go to that shop and buy lah. Makes sense, what. If you feel the other shop provides a better deal, then why are you even in my shop?

Quoting another shop's price is one of the most ineffective ways to bargain. If I were the shop owner, I will also say go to that shop and buy lah. Makes sense, what. If you feel the other shop provides a better deal, then why are you even in my shop?

ya i agree, human do make mistake so next time i don tell them about other shop quote liao

It depends on who you are talking to really. If you've proven yourself to be a genuine buyer, they are open for negotiations. I shaved $150 dollars off a quotation from a shop I frequent most by quoting their rival's pricing.

:nono: bad business attitude. Shopping is about price, service and product. If someone tells me that I'll never visit the shop again. I kena before from AP when I was a super newbie, that's why I've never stepped into the shop since.

If you did that to the people at John 3:16, they'll consider[press calculator] and tell you nicely that they're offering the best price they can give and probably offer you lower prices for accessories.

But yea, I agree that this is a very bad way to bargain as it annoys the shopkeeper. But reasonable shopkeepers would probably realise that the buyers are trying to update the street prices to the shop and trying to support them as well. That's why I use it once in a while anyway :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.