Normal cloth can use as backdrop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysouke

Apr 25, 2009
As the topic, i wish to know those normal cloth for backdrop?? As i cant find muslin backdrop in singapore and cathay photo's salesperson inform me that they are not selling those anymore..

As the topic, i wish to know those normal cloth for backdrop?? As i cant find muslin backdrop in singapore and cathay photo's salesperson inform me that they are not selling those anymore..

Yes, you may. You can get it at curtain stall or those selling long cloth. You can also purchase some of the china website which sells 4 times cheaper than in singapore.

cheers

Yes, you may. You can get it at curtain stall or those selling long cloth. You can also purchase some of the china website which sells 4 times cheaper than in singapore.

cheers

ok thanks alot...so what is the difference between muslim backdrop and normal cloth?? as muslim backdrop seem more expensive..

look for PQ23.

ok thanks alot...so what is the difference between muslim backdrop and normal cloth?? as muslim backdrop seem more expensive..
muslin 9 feet wide, 16 feet long, it is thick and seamless, ready to use and about $100.

normal cloth only 5ft wide, the cost of material plus sewing two pieces together will be around the same price or more expensive, but there is a seam right at the middle, and the cloth is usually thinner. this does not include painting yet.

actually i want a smaller size..and i manage to get some normal cloth..and design pretty simple..and is thicker...

You can go to Arab st to get this kind of back drop cloths.
Most of the shops there are selling this type of cloths.
The price depends how you talk it out...

Normal cloth can be used. Try to get the much much thicker types. Also, a steam iron is essential.

Normal cloth can be used. Try to get the much much thicker types. Also, a steam iron is essential.

steam iron?? ya today i got two cloth..and is pretty much like i want and is very thick with nice texture...and most important is cheap and the size is small..suitable for my dolls shooting...

steam iron?? ya today i got two cloth..and is pretty much like i want and is very thick with nice texture...and most important is cheap and the size is small..suitable for my dolls shooting...

if youre shooting dolls and not humans then you might want to consider just a paper backdrop or a light tent instead...

my dolls is pretty tall about 80cm...and i dont really light tent...but manage to get some texture cloth..

Just to add another question..

If you buy to pieces and sew them together, will the seam running across the whole cloth be that visible in the shots taken?

you can go to people's park (next to OG above the hawker center) and you'll find lots of places selling cloth.

Just to add another question..

If you buy to pieces and sew them together, will the seam running across the whole cloth be that visible in the shots taken?

Most times, yes. Especially if you need the cloth fairly flat. If it's heavily layered or arranged in a pleated arrangement, can try to hide the seam if it's vertical.

Can also clone/heal later on.

Many photographers who use cloth backdrops often find it too much bother in the end and just get muslin. If just a few shots, can live with the extra work I guess.

(in Sion mode) One is halal ?

apologies rysouke.... just joking..... pm me if you want me to delete this post

Last edited:

actually i want a smaller size..and i manage to get some normal cloth..and design pretty simple..and is thicker...
you never mention you want to shoot a 80cm tall doll in the first place, just asking whether can use normal cloth to replace a 9foot by 16foot muslin.

my reply to you is base on sewing up a piece of background for shooting human size subject.

please be specified in asking questions in future, else you will not get the answer you are looking for.

Normal cloth will do. You can paint it yourself if you want. Those muslin backdrops are usualoly for larger objects like human. Or you can shoot with a chromakey/green backdrop and add in the backdrop in post process later.

i manage to get 1m x 1.4m texture cloth near my house...but now need to get fluorscent lighting set..so it wont be so hot when shooting at my dolls...

Status
Not open for further replies.