Noobs on How to handle lens and body

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaruRi

Nov 4, 2008
Hi I'm new with my 450D and want to buy new lens

I wonder how do you all take care your camera body and lens???
Is cleaning kit enough for the camera body???
My friend told me that lens requires extensive care (esp. very expensive one),
Can give me idea on this???

Thanks

Here is a good read for taking care of the camera body / lenses

http://photo.net/learn/cleaning-cameras

There are many other great articles out there online , especially on DIY sensor cleaning as well if you are interested.

It does not matter if it is expensive or more consumer grade lenses. Do give them the same care :)

Extensive care doesn't need to be expensive, only sales men would agree to that.
For the beginning stay at the outside and don't go anywhere near the inside of your cam. Keep the lens clean with blower or wet cleaning of really necessary. A damp cloth for the body is enough to remove sweat or dirt. Make yourself familiar with proper storage (dry box / dry cabinet).
Don't get obsessed with dust within the lens or at the front element. Dust is everywhere and you won't win any battle against it. The further away the dirt is from the sensor the less it affects the image. In about one year you can start reading about dust at the sensor. First, consult your manual (the 450D has a dust removal function) then check how to find the dust on your sensor (test shots). Read on if you really find some.
Why do you want to buy another lens? The kit lens already dusty or worn out? :)

Why do you want to buy another lens? The kit lens already dusty or worn out? :)

Want wide angle lens...but I think must learn to handle it properly 1st before deciding to spend money on lens hmm

Hi I'm new with my 450D and want to buy new lens

I wonder how do you all take care your camera body and lens???
Is cleaning kit enough for the camera body???
My friend told me that lens requires extensive care (esp. very expensive one),
Can give me idea on this???

Thanks

In four years, I've spent lens than $50 on cleaning equipment. But if you are sending lens in to CSC for servicing, the costs will then add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.