Noobie here, please enlighten

No problem bro. There will always be other outings in the future. ;)

Regarding the post processing part, most people will do some adjustments to their pictures to enhance them. Some will do more while others will do lesser and some do not really need adjustment at all. It really depends on what you feel is good.

You can try adjusting the contrast or saturation to bring out the colors.

Can anyone tell me what is the different between a telephoto and a zoom lens. I search the engines, and read up, but somehow don't quite get the answer, sorry i'm too slow >.<". Are there any photos that you guys seen before to distinguish the two ? like, same object from same distant but taken with 2 of the above lens ?

Went to Alan photo at funan on sunday, got myself a Sigma 18-200mm len. Read reviews and it seems pretty all right. Anyone use before and how you think of the len? It should be enough for a walkabout newbie user like me ?

Can anyone tell me what is the different between a telephoto and a zoom lens. I search the engines, and read up, but somehow don't quite get the answer, sorry i'm too slow >.<". Are there any photos that you guys seen before to distinguish the two ? like, same object from same distant but taken with 2 of the above lens ?

Went to Alan photo at funan on sunday, got myself a Sigma 18-200mm len. Read reviews and it seems pretty all right. Anyone use before and how you think of the len? It should be enough for a walkabout newbie user like me ?

Well, there's the "real" definition of a telephoto lens, but the most common usage is a lens that has a long focal length (>50mm) and thus allows you to capture objects that are far away as if they're closer. Think of a telescope or binoculars. Most non-photogs call this "zooming in" on a subject.

A Zoom lens is a lens that can change the focal length. So your 18-55 is a zoom lens because you can change the focal length between 18 and 55mm. A zoom lens can also be a telephoto lens. Look at the 18-200mm lenses for example, it's a zoom lens that can reach into the telephoto range.

FYI, there is no "len". It's "lens" for singular, "lenses" for plural.

Hello and welcome! just keep taking pictures, you will improve.

Sorry, i don't want to post new thread, so I continue asking questions from this thread instead, my apologies.

Help needed~

I previously bought a battery (nt original), I used it to take pictures on my camera, I got no problems, but till today, when i put in the battery, I can't use it even though it's fully charged. I saw words from the LCD saying something like, I am not using a original battery. What should be done?

Throw and get a original one? Or are there ways to use it, some tricks or something that I don't know of.

But why was I able to use it previously?
I can even use it for about 1-2 minutes for now after placing the battery in, until the words came out and the camera was shut down automatically.

Last edited:
Sorry, i don't want to post new thread, so I continue asking questions from this thread instead, my apologies.

Help needed~

I previously bought a battery (nt original), I used it to take pictures on my camera, I got no problems, but till today, when i put in the battery, I can't use it even though it's fully charged. I saw words from the LCD saying something like, I am not using a original battery. What should be done?

Throw and get a original one? Or are there ways to use it, some tricks or something that I don't know of.

But why was I able to use it previously?
I can even use it for about 1-2 minutes for now after placing the battery in, until the words came out and the camera was shut down automatically.

How long have you bought the battery for? Batteries usually have a warranty of 6 months to a year, just exchange the battery with the shop you bought from if its still under warranty

Bought less than a month. It happened before, all I did was remove and place in again and I'll be able to use it. But for now, no matter how many times I replace, can't.

I do have the warranty. but...

I gonna faint.

Bought in Taiwan /.\"""

I still have my (working) original battery though, I got no problem for not having a battery to use. Just that, I bought this one for spare, and now can't be use. >.<"

How long have you bought the battery for? Batteries usually have a warranty of 6 months to a year, just exchange the battery with the shop you bought from if its still under warranty

Bought less than a month. It happened before, all I did was remove and place in again and I'll be able to use it. But for now, no matter how many times I replace, can't.

I gonna faint.

Bought in Taiwan /.\"""

I still have my (working) original battery though, I got no problem for not having a battery to use. Just that, I bought this one for spare, and now can't be use. >.<"

Hmm well since its a faulty battery i wouldn't try it with my camera anymore, rather lose a battery than a whole body

I gonna faint.

Bought in Taiwan /.\"""

That is one reason I don't use 3rd party batteries.

Thanks bros.
I suppose I know what to do with the battery already >.<"
Think I heard my friend saying this might happen before, but I thought it's wrongly heard and so I went ahead for the purchase...
Seems like I've kicked a rock.

Thanks bros.
I suppose I know what to do with the battery already >.<"
Think I heard my friend saying this might happen before, but I thought it's wrongly heard and so I went ahead for the purchase...
Seems like I've kicked a rock.
It's ok la. Consider it as "tuition fee" for a lesson learnt :)