Noob who owns a 1000d

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkennoob

Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
hello people :) I'm a noob in this digital photography realm :) hope to learn a lot from you guys :) a brief about myself, currently a student studying Architecture. Initially when I bought the 1000d, never thought of dwelling any deeper in the photography stuff since it's quite an expensive hobby, but voila, i just got hooked in it :) Currently has 2 lenses - Canon 15-55mm IS and a Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro (selling it at the moment in hope of getting a canon 55-250mm IS :) ). I like to shoot Architecture stuff, people-in-party, portrait, and street-shots.

just curious...why are u trying to swap your Sigma 70-300mm for the canon 55-250?

idk, maybe he finds the 70-300 not so good?

actually both are as good, and the 70-300 actually gives you more reach

I need the image stabilizer since the shooting at tele range is quite sensitive. plus, I sort of regret after I realized that the pictures produce by sigma is quite soft especially after the 200mm :(

Hi kkennoob,

Welcome to CS !!! :D

Hi kkennoob,

welcome to CS.

welcome!

how come architecture requires long lenses? pardon my lack of knowledge in the field but i kinda like those uwa architecture shots.. quite impactful :)

I use long lenses to take interesting details in a building, particularly tall buildings :) also to take interesting buildings that located slightly further away than to utilize feet zooming =p last but not least, I also use it to take portrait shots, though I'm looking at 30mm F2 wide-angle lens for that purpose :)

Warm greetings to you..
Welcome to clubsnap!

Greetings. Remember, it's not the cam but the way you use it that affects the image you record. Recommend you go for the prime, release the potential with the best glass you can afford.

OMG. I own a 1000D too! And I wanna study architecture. Could you give me any tips???

Status
Not open for further replies.