Noob Salesperson at Courts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randius

Mar 9, 2006
Singapore
Happened to overhear a portion of this incredibly funny conversation between a Courts salesperson and a customer.

Customer: "I am interested in the Nikon D80. Can I have a look at it?"

Salesperson: "Sir, Nikon cameras are not good. I will recommend you get Canon cameras. The best of Nikon cameras only has a maximum shutter speed OF 3FPS. Also, Nikon cameras can only mount their own and Tamron lenses. Canon can mount Tamron, Tokina, Sigma and Sigma lenses are the best.... blah blah blah (went on praising Canon and bashing Nikon)"

I was totally amazed how such a noob with so little knowledge can actually be a salesperson. He was practically lying and misleading the customer. The customer was actually a film shooter and I guessed he must had seen through his nonsense as he went on to ask the price for D80 and left immediately.

Aiyo....so unprofessional one....:thumbsd:

Thats why I always get my stuff from places like MS or cathay...:)

I think he makes better comission from selling Canon.
NExt time record down what he said :devil:

n00b salesperson ftw! :thumbsd:

Why didn't you engage him in a discussion?

Why didn't you engage him in a discussion?

Yeah it probably would have been fun. Tell him that Nikon can mount Zeiss lenses. I'm sure he'll be...

"what's Zeiss?"

most local salesperson are hired on the ability to close sales & meet sales target. its the smaller shops that focus on a core product range that more knowledgeable staff are hired.

Happened to overhear a portion of this incredibly funny conversation between a Courts salesperson and a customer.

you will know why if you are a salesman.

commission !!!

like canon sales promoter will tell xxx company " hey, if your salesman can sell one canon DSLR, we will give them $50.

so, do you think the salesman will still promote canon or nikon? that's a no brainer.

it apply to everything, TV, wasing machine, HI-FI, laptop...etc....

It is perfectly alright for them to promote one brand over others for the commission as it is their livelihood. But telling lies and misleading the customer should not be the right conduct of a salesperson. Also, thrashing other brands only shows that the salesperson does not think about what the customer wants.

It is perfectly alright for them to promote one brand over others for the commission as it is their livelihood. But telling lies and misleading the customer should not be the right conduct of a salesperson. Also, thrashing other brands only shows that the salesperson does not think about what the customer wants.

But sadly...tat's happening...

That's why i always advise people not to be influence by the sales person when they shop. It's very obvious that they get more commission selling a Canon as compared to a Nikon.

I have seen many being 'conned' already.

Which is why its important to do enough product research before parting with your money. From experience, everytime I fail to do so, I have always regretted making a purchase.

I guess spending time at forums is not such a waste after all. :bsmilie:

Caveat emptor.

There's a difference between increasing sales of a product by deceit, and that by having promotions, incentives.

Salesman 5c's.
1. Firstly they will try to convincing u to go for other brand which benifit to them.
2. If they cant convince u, confusing tactic will be their next move.
3. kena confuse liao gon gon( blur sotong )... ok now u are already a vege head .They start to con u
4.They want u to pay them by cash. Why ? They dont want to adsorb the transaction fees. Coz credit card and nets has a small amount of transaction fees. Nets is 1.55 % ,credit card about 1.8%-2.9%,depend on which bank.( Heard from Sim Lim con-man ).If u pay cash they earn more,very straight forward.
5. If really bo pain then they accept the payment by credit card.

Convince,confuse,con,cash,credit card ....5c's

Which Courts btw? I wanna have a friendly conversation with the dude when I'm free.

anyone has tokina or sigma lenses?lend me and i'll bring my nikon, mount it on, and switch to 8 frames per sec and ask him what sound that is...

on?

Yeah...I am interested to know. What kind of incentives are in place when a salesman at Courts or Harvey Norman or Best Denki sell u a camera? Do they get some kind of commission based on the product sold or what? How does it all work out? I think it would be helpful to know, really.

Yeah...I am interested to know. What kind of incentives are in place when a salesman at Courts or Harvey Norman or Best Denki sell u a camera? Do they get some kind of commission based on the product sold or what? How does it all work out? I think it would be helpful to know, really.

IIRC, it's like different model of a Brand will give you different commission. For illustration purpose, below is an example.

(eg. Sony A200 - $20, Sony A300 - $25, Sony A350 - $30, Sony A700 - $50)

Definitely, the sales person will push for the sales of the A700. If it's a comparison between Brand A & Brand B's products and there is a difference in teh commission, of course the sale person will push for the sales of the one which will give him better commission. Afterall, most cameras in the same category will give more or less the same specs and results and noobs wouldn't be able to tell.

I have witness a couple of such incidents around and the sales person are always pushing for the same product and bashing the others. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.