Noob Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

animian2002

Dec 18, 2005
:embrass:1st Time DSLR user:embrass:

I notice white color object tend to reflect sunlight hence leading to overexposed pictures
how do you guys solved that problem and anything to take note when bring DSLR to snowy places and how to take pictures of those beautiful snow scenaries without it looking overexposed ?

:bsmilie:

u just proved that CS is a better friend than Google!! ;p

Omg omg...
Im speechless.

if it is just overexposed on white snow, white shirt, and your main subject is in correct exposed, this image is out of dynamic range of your camera sensor able to record, without compromise the correct exposure on your main subject, you can use

change to a camera with better dynamic range
shoot in HDR,
use Photoshop
exclude the white wash object in the photo
wait for the cloud to block the sun for softening the sunlight.

hope this help.

Last edited:

u just proved that CS is a better friend than Google!! ;p

That is because I am in a good sharing mood today. So I actually replied with a link, instead of "you can use the search function here or google" type of message.

Yo! TS is encountering OVERexposed in snow scene under DIRECT sunlight, not UNDERexposed.

if follow the article says, the whole images will FLASH highlight liao.

Thanks for saving the day. There are still about 2 million newbies out there to be saved...
Its going to be a busy evening.

Regards

That is because I am in a good sharing mood today. So I actually replied with a link, instead of "you can use the search function here or google" type of message.

lucky noob

;p

Status
Not open for further replies.